Nice Box

donny dotson
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Nice Box

Post by donny dotson »

I just tried a new way of refurbishing the air box to cut down time and to have great results.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

donny dotson
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Nice Box

Post by donny dotson »

This took 2 hrs. 7 coats of plastic renew
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

donny dotson
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by donny dotson »

The 1st one I did took 10+ hrs. of tedious sanding and didn't as good of result.. Who would of thunk you could blast plastic.

donny dotson
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by donny dotson »

Nothing like clean natural and unpainted Honda plastic.

FalldownPhil
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by FalldownPhil »

That looks great !!
I have had good results with a heat gun. Tell me about plastic renew ??
Best,
Phil
When you are up to your ass in alligators it is sometimes difficult
to remember that your objective was to drain the swamp !!

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

In the vintage car markets there are a lot of companies that sell excellent interior restore products. I have a Vette and get catalogs from both "Mid-America" and "Ecklers". There are huge selections of color products to prep and restore plastic and vinyl parts. 8)

donny dotson
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by donny dotson »

Hi Phil, you can get this stuff at any motorcycle dealer, I have been using it for years, it's made in Winchester Ca. It's all about the prep work,bead blasting all the crap off speeds up the process and you end up with a nice result. Works on any color....

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

I'm have to get some of that stuff for my duc.
Donny, where in SD are you? I'm up in RB and ride my X almost every weekend, let me know if you would like to join me sometimes.

Sasha
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

:auto-sportbike:

donny dotson
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by donny dotson »

Hi Sasha, I live in El Cajon. I would love to join you, we have alot in common, Ducati just bought my 1199 S back after 2 years (excessive oil consumption) in 4000 mi. and my 1098 spun a bearing, me and the ducks don't have alota luck ( they sure are pretty ) I think Some of my friends saw you at the one of the last functions here in SD ( Mod vs. rockers or Trophys ?) I figured it was you cause not many ladies ride motorcycles let alone a CBX. There is a bike/car show this wed. afternoon/evening in El Cajon and this is the season opener. I'm probably going to take one of my CBX's down there to sell (lots of bike freaks like me). It will be nice and cool and the rain should hold off until thurs. A.M. The plastic renew works good but, you really you need to get the prep work right to make your part look new.

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

I get that a lot, people assume I'm female because of my name! They are surprised when they see my bold head!
I always meet people who tell me that they know someone who has CBX here in SD. Recently i met a guy who does motorcycle detailing who has two CBX's, one with updated forks and swing arm and one stock '79, i think his last name is Soto.
My Duc, i bought it last year in Yuma as a project, it was not running, '09 monster 696 with 487 miles that's been sitting at the military base for numerous years and has weathered a bit. Engine would only turn 3/4 turn and when i pulled heads, i find surprise in the vertical head. Someone dropped screw through the spark plug hole and bent the valve and rod, piston and valve guide were cracked.
I rebuilt everything and have been breaking it in last month.
Here are few pics.
I'll try to get to El Cajon show this Wednesday but it will depend on my work, maybe i'll see you there otherwise i'm sure we will meet somewhere sometime
Sasha
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

cross wrote:I get that a lot, people assume I'm female because of my name! Sasha
No problem here. In Germany, Sascha (Sasha) is a male name! :think: It is short for Alexander. 8)

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

Yes indeed. It is actually russian name or should i say nick name for aleksander that became name!
I'm from Serbia, former Yugoslavia.
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

donny dotson
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by donny dotson »

Boy do I feel dumb, Here I though you were 42 year foreign hot chick that was a retired secret agent.

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

:laughing-rolling:
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

Good one Donny!
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

Return to “RESTORATIONS: Tips, How To's & What Not to Do. Parts, Decals, Painters, Paint Codes, Painting Tips.....More”