CANDY GLORY RED PAINT CODES

tevan
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

CANDY GLORY RED PAINT CODES

Post by tevan »

Does anybody have any paint codes they are willing to share for candy glory red? Color Rite, PPG, or any other brand. I have heard they can't scan the color because the silver base coat under the red throws the scan off.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: CANDY GLORY RED PAINT CODES

Post by daves79x »

You just have to start mixing - that's what the good ones have done and rightly keep it a pretty closely-guarded process.

Dave

tevan
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by tevan »

daves79x wrote:You just have to start mixing - that's what the good ones have done and rightly keep it a pretty closely-guarded process.

Dave
I was afraid I was going to get this response. I guess I want the easy way out without wasting allot of time and money. Thanks anyway Dave.
terry

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

You have to understand that the guys that have this paint process down have put a lot of time and money into it, so I don't have any problem paying them to do what I can't - just like I don't have a problem charging a premium price for doing carbs that other guys can't. I'll dispense all the free advice I can about rebuilding carbs, since it isn't really part of my living, but I understand that there are little things that others don't like to divulge since it is their living. If I was a painter, I'd be doing the same thing.

Dave

CopperCollar
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by CopperCollar »

Do a search for " candy glory red revealed"

There is a formula there. How close? Couldn't say but it appears reasonable.

Mike
When given the choice between being right or being kind; choose kindness. W. Dyer

tevan
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by tevan »

CopperCollar wrote:Do a search for " candy glory red revealed"

There is a formula there. How close? Couldn't say but it appears reasonable.

Mike
Thanks for the tip to the search. I searched before but didn't look deep enough to find it. I found that formula that Got3now posted. Did you ever end up using that formula? The guy that did my paint work retired from painting. Thanks again

Return to “RESTORATIONS: Tips, How To's & What Not to Do. Parts, Decals, Painters, Paint Codes, Painting Tips.....More”