I can´t find the plate footpeg stopper

Pistonman
New Member & Happy To Be Here

I can´t find the plate footpeg stopper

Post by Pistonman »

Hello:

I ordered the footpeg rubbers (50661-425-700) and the plate (50619-MC7-000), to restore my old footpegs, I made the checkout and after pay the bill, they send a message that the plates (50619-MC7-000) are obsolete :o

Now I have the rubbers, but I need 2 plates:

Where I can order? :techie-typing:
Anybody have it for sale?

Help please
:text-thankyouyellow:

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: I can´t find the plate footpeg stopper

Post by NobleHops »

There is an alternative - a guy that goes by the name of 'metalganz' (from Holland) sells a version of the footpeg rubber without the pocket that yours have - then they are glued to the footpegs with a product called Sikaflex 552. FallDownPhil can put you in touch with him - Phil maybe you could encourage Wim to post his wares here?

The other alternative is to buy a set of insert plates from Tim's CBX. You have to drill the bottom of the footpeg in the right location to use this style - Samelak did mine for me and they came out great, but there are screw heads visible beneath the pegs and they are not as solidly attached as the stock ones. If I had it to do over I would get a set of these from metalganz and glue them.

Do a few searches here on replace footpeg ruber and see what you find.

N.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

Pistonman

Re: I can´t find the plate footpeg stopper

Post by Pistonman »

NobleHops wrote:There is an alternative - a guy that goes by the name of 'metalganz' (from Holland) sells a version of the footpeg rubber without the pocket that yours have - then they are glued to the footpegs with a product called Sikaflex 552. FallDownPhil can put you in touch with him - Phil maybe you could encourage Wim to post his wares here?

The other alternative is to buy a set of insert plates from Tim's CBX. You have to drill the bottom of the footpeg in the right location to use this style - Samelak did mine for me and they came out great, but there are screw heads visible beneath the pegs and they are not as solidly attached as the stock ones. If I had it to do over I would get a set of these from metalganz and glue them.

Do a few searches here on replace footpeg ruber and see what you find.

N.
Hi Nils :text-thankyouyellow: I´ll where I find it :text-thankyouyellow:

Return to “RESTORATIONS: Tips, How To's & What Not to Do. Parts, Decals, Painters, Paint Codes, Painting Tips.....More”