My CBX won't start

bhf
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

My CBX won't start

Post by bhf »

I have now through 1 years gone by and collected my cbx. I bought it as a project that had been started but stopped because of death. So when I got it, it had been larkeret on the ground and stood with wiring, wheels and engine. Carburator was peeled away but intact. I peeled cylinder head and got cleaned it, and the valves were ground up. There was a new head gasket and valve seals. The cylinder was allowed to stay on. Then we started to disassemble the carburetor after the original workshop book's instructions. I had already bought the complete gasket kit, complete kit for carburettors. Then they were cleaned completely and reassembled after the book's instructions. All set screws were put neutral as the book said. They were put on the engine and on the original air filter. Paper. Then we checked the ignition was correct and there was pour oil and gas. We tried to start but nothing happened - the starter cord prepared fine but when it got turned cyl. 5 and maybe 4 and 6 so hit the starter off and it would not start. Cylinder 1 2 and 3 will not turn on. We have checked spark from all 6 spark plugs. It sparks but I do not know if the sparks enough? we have measured the leads resistance from the spark advancer to the electronic boxes and up through the ignition coils and down to the spark plugs. There are new spark plugs and spark plug caps. We have tried to put a large battery so it got plenty of power. We have also tried with a little ether and it is basically only there to give a little fart away. There are petrol out of all swim houses when we open. One last thing we have checked is the acceleration pump works and it does. We have looked into the intake with a small inspection camera and there will be some petrol when the gas is turned.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can get the engine started and what can be wrong?

I apologize in advance for the bad english but that was what Google Translate could deliver. Hope you get a sense of it.

Regards Benjamin F

Denmark

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: My CBX won't start

Post by daves79x »

Benjamin:

Your translation is good enough. I think you still don't have proper fuel flow to #1,2,3. Have seen this happen before where the float valves are sticking and not letting fuel to the carbs properly. You have fuel flow out the drains, but is it strong on all 6 or just a dribble?

If spark and fuel are good, I'd double check your timing and camshaft installation. Also, CBXs wet-foul plugs easily, so keep plugs fresh.

Dave

Return to “RESTORATIONS: Tips, How To's & What Not to Do. Parts, Decals, Painters, Paint Codes, Painting Tips.....More”