My Project

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: My Project

Post by NobleHops »

John,

I find the site's Gallery software a little painful to use, personally. EMS and others have mastered it. There are a few tutorials here and there describing the finer points of using it, but the problem with sizing has to be addressed before they are uploaded. A good rule of thumb is to re-size them to no more than 800 pixels wide by whatever height is proportional. Optionally, use a service like Photobucket (free) or Smugmug (fee). Smugmug is what I use, yeah it costs a bit, but it's excellent. There is a link to my Smugmug gallery in the footer of this message.

Both of those will generate links for multiple size versions, and you simply copy/paste the link they provide and then paste it into the message using that image tool, which simply surrounds the link with these tags:

[img]imagelink[/img]

Sounds fiddlier than it is - use two browser windows or tabs and toggle between them with keyboard shortcuts. If you can skin a CBX engine you can master this in 10 minutes :-).

N.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

I think John's problem is his computer screen and what he sees, rather than the software. I can see all the pics he uploaded fine and they are not cropped. As long as the system allows him to upload and doesn't tell him the pictures are too large, they come through. His screen setting probably doesn't show him the whole picture.

cbx6ss
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbx6ss »

They look to be all there. We just have to click on them to see the whole pic full-screen.

cbx6ss
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbx6ss »

NobleHops wrote:A warm welcome to you John.

I don't think there is anything this gang likes any more than participating in the restoration or resurrection of a CBX.

Please let us help, post pictures, tell us what parts you need, what problems you're having, and also share what you learn along the way. These projects are a very valuable part of the knowledge base. I definitely suggest you start a project thread and we'll track it there, but certainly do it however you like if you do.

Best,

N.
Yep! Your money and risk; our abundant free advice and opinions. Shake it all up in a blender, and your gonna end up with a sweet ride!! Enjoy the journey!

cbx6ss
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbx6ss »

"I have another set of cams that are in great shape and I am not going to use this cylinder head. "

Cam sets and original heads must usually stay paired (cause they're line-bored at manufacturer) lest you are very careful plasti-gauging and mating cams and journals that have never met before.

cbx6ss
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbx6ss »

I just finished a tank seal project with great results using this:

($50)
http://www.por15.com/CYCLE-TANK-REPAIR- ... info/CTRK/

/r
Brad

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

cbx6ss wrote:"I have another set of cams that are in great shape and I am not going to use this cylinder head. "

Cam sets and original heads must usually stay paired (cause they're line-bored at manufacturer) lest you are very careful plasti-gauging and mating cams and journals that have never met before.

Not exactly true. Cams can be changed. Cap caps should not be. The line-boring only refers to the cam seats formed by the lower part in the head and the caps. While it is always a good idea to plasti-gauge the cam-to-seat clearance, cams from other motors can be used without a problem.

Return to “RESTORATIONS: Tips, How To's & What Not to Do. Parts, Decals, Painters, Paint Codes, Painting Tips.....More”