tips on removing front forks 79 CBX1000z

paxo
New Member & Happy To Be Here

tips on removing front forks 79 CBX1000z

Post by paxo »

the title says it all really. I had a right carry on last time balancing on jack/axle stand/timber and just wondered if there was a simple way to raise the front off the ground to remove the forks ? I have a deep braced swingarm fitted so the centrestand at present isnt an option...Any tips welcome folks thanks !
Cheers Paxo

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: tips on removing front forks 79 CBX1000z

Post by EMS »

If you have an engine crash guard on your bike, you can try to use these points to support the bike in the front and get the front wheel off the ground. :think:

paxo

Post by paxo »

cheers for the reply. Unfortunately I don't have engine bars fitted....looks like I will have to just struggle on like last time !
Cheers Paxo

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

If you by chance have an engine hoist, use it to lift the bike using a nylon sling around the steering neck.

A couple of lag bolts in the rafters, and a nylon tie-down work too.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Kool_Biker
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Kool_Biker »

The generic scissor lift shown in the attached pic has always worked wonders for me. It has been a sound investment.
P1100837 (1).jpg
Aris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aris Hadjiaslanis
ICOA # 6309
Berkshire, Windsor

ericfreeman
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by ericfreeman »

I also use a motorcycle jack but I didn't want to have to remove the exhaust each time I lifted the bike. I welded up an angle-steel frame that has tabs that bolt through the two tabs in the lower case. A block of plywood fits between the frame and the sump to keep the frame frame from hitting the sump. I built the frame to fit across the two crossbars on my lift jack and it works great. I can get the CBX up in the air for whatever reason without having to remove any part of the exhaust. I should mention that I have an aftermarket 6-2 without any crossover pipe.

Eric

Return to “RESTORATIONS: Tips, How To's & What Not to Do. Parts, Decals, Painters, Paint Codes, Painting Tips.....More”