"80 CBX Restoration Done

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Re: "80 CBX Restoration Done

Post by Don »

I was wondering if you had sold it at mid-Ohio or not - No doubt you got several offers, but I guess your hands are tied until the last owner gets back with you and declines his offer of first refusal

Someone will soon be getting a nice bike, that's for sure

Don

cbx1956
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by cbx1956 »

Indeed someone did get a very nice bike. Me. I finally took delivery here in Auckland NZ on 17th April after a long 4 month wait whilst the bike made its sea journey from Knox PA. The bike is everything Dave said it was & more; I'm extremely happy with my purchase & look forward to our summer eventually arriving so that I can get out there on "black beauty". I'm keeping the bike exactly the way Dave "made" it with only one change- I switched the stock pipes over to my '81 Prolink which had a beautiful set of Powerflow 6 into 2 Kerker copies on it- so now the '80 wears the Powerflows.
Anyone contemplating a purchase from Dave in the future has my full recommendation! :clap:

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Hi ya, cbx1956.
I bet that 4 months passed at a snails pace.
Don't think i have ever seen anything other than a 6-6 Powerflow. How about a picture with the 6-2 system.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Dave:

Welcome to our little corner of the world!

Dave

cbx1956
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by cbx1956 »

Thanks for the welcome Dave :-) I've been lurking here for quite a while mostly reading posts to assist me with restos etc.
Steve: I actually was going to upload a pic of the bike with the Powerflow 6 into 2 but haven't quite figured out how yet...is it simply just a matter of attaching by hitting the upload button at the bottom of the page?

I do have a set of 6 into 6 Powerflows for the bike as well but not sure whether Dave would be comfortable with me altering his work of art even more! :D

Return to “RESTORATIONS: Tips, How To's & What Not to Do. Parts, Decals, Painters, Paint Codes, Painting Tips.....More”