What Parts Are Still Available From Honda For 79 CBX?

Valente
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Valente »

Louis wrote:Whats really amazing to me I get a call at least once a week from Honda dealers all looking for and buying parts from me. Its just crazy if you think about it. Anyway I have any part for the cbx anybody still might need.

World largest supplier of used CBX parts in the world. www.usedcbxparts.com
Louis,

I am also in Florida and for sure I will contact you if I need something, as some parts are getting hard to find.

Are there many CBX'ers here in Florida? Any rally that I would participate?

Actually I need something, so I will write to you via your website.

sixofsix
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by sixofsix »

Well, the $80 generator shaft is now just dis-continued. Too bad, as it was cheap, well machined and nice to have as the outer bearing often spins on the shaft. Oh well, now we'll just have to have the original built up at the bearing seat and re-machined...

The flanged collar (spacer) on the rear wheel axle is still available. You know, the one you take out when you remove the rear wheel. It wears where the dust seal rubs on it.

And I just got another set of generator clutch plates.

Chris
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Chris »

sixofsix wrote:The flanged collar (spacer) on the rear wheel axle is still available. You know, the one you take out when you remove the rear wheel. It wears where the dust seal rubs on it.

And I just got another set of generator clutch plates.
I just got another set of clutch plates as well (while they are still available).

What was the part number of the spacer?

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Anything that fits other models, like brake pads or fork seals, especially those still in production are pretty available from HondaInc. Its those CBX specific parts that are hard to come by. I doubt Honda loses any sleep over a less than 50,000 unit sale that was over twenty years ago.
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Return to “RESTORATIONS: Tips, How To's & What Not to Do. Parts, Decals, Painters, Paint Codes, Painting Tips.....More”