Mobile 1 Racing 4T (MX4T) 10W-40

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Don »

I would use Amsoil if it was easier to get and the prices were uniform, but having to get it through the mail and then hearing over and over that nearly everyone else is finding a way to get it cheaper than I can get it just turns me off . . . . so I buy the Mobil 1 V-Twin at Wally World - I'm sure it's about as good as anything I could buy . . . . and tons less hassle to obtain

My opinion - Amsoil is a great product with an even greater marketing problem

Don

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Oops. I should know better than to type before my second cup of coffee.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

ericfreeman
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by ericfreeman »

I never have to change the oil in my '79 CBX because it uses so much I'm constantly adding fresh! Oil always looks good as new when I check it.

Eric

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Oil :!: :?: :?: After last night, I must say, I prefer Virgin Olive Oil flavored with roasted garlic.... What brand? Not so important...Greetings, George!

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

ericfreeman wrote:I never have to change the oil in my '79 CBX because it uses so much I'm constantly adding fresh! Oil always looks good as new when I check it.

Eric
How much oil are you using Eric... :shock:
ICOA # 656

Mike Cecchini
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re:

Post by Mike Cecchini »

Don wrote:I would use Amsoil if it was easier to get and the prices were uniform, but having to get it through the mail and then hearing over and over that nearly everyone else is finding a way to get it cheaper than I can get it just turns me off . . . . so I buy the Mobil 1 V-Twin at Wally World - I'm sure it's about as good as anything I could buy . . . . and tons less hassle to obtain

My opinion - Amsoil is a great product with an even greater marketing problem

Don
Yer right Don....... AMSoil and Mobil 1 motorcycle SG/MA rate oils are tops. Frankly.....any SG/MA rated oil is tops, so just look at the oil rating on the can/bottle.

Btw........ for you penny pinchers out there..... there is a consideragle diff between cage oils and bike oils.......and why they make both. Do your bike a favor.......stick with bike oils even if they cost a couple bucks more per qt. These are CBX engines..... :face:
It's not what you ride.....it's how you ride.

spencer
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Mobile 1 Racing 4T (MX4T) 10W-40

Post by spencer »

You owe it to yourself to take a look at Mobil's motorcycle oil information page:

http://www.mobiloil.com/usa-english/mot ... _oils.aspx
SCH Rochester, MN

Mike Cecchini
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Mike Cecchini »

Ok.....did that......what's your point ?

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Don »

With several posters claming that any old synthetic is good enough for motorcycles, I believe Spencer was attmepting to point out the key differences between motorcycle-specific synthetics and synthetics blended for automotive usage . . . . and why we should stick to what was designed specifically for our engines - At least, that's what I got from reading the link he posted

The friction modifers which give improved fuel economy in car engines are not good for our clutches and gearboxes but the increased level of phosphorus in motorcycle-specific oils which are not found in automotive oils are very good for our engines from a long term wear standpoint

Don

Mike Cecchini
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Mike Cecchini »

Right on the money Don...... cage oils for cages and bike oils for bikes. I believe that any SG/MA rated 100% syn oil is top notch......not just Mobil 1. But since I can find Mobil 1 SG/MA rated oils easily in my area..... (even Wal-Mart has it) .....for $10/qt ......this is what I choose to use. If anyone finds cheaper SG/MA rated full syn oil......do let us know......but most people are paying $15--$30/qt for SG/MA rated oil and that's not necessary where I am.

Personally I really like SG/MA rated full syn bike oils for so many reasons and I'm using them in all my motors.....cages included. The snow blower, the lawn mower, the generator......everything gets motorcycle SG/MA rated oil.

Thanks..........Mike

spencer
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by spencer »

Thank you Don. That is what I meant. There are so many different opinions about what is good enough, or best, that instead of just giving you another opinion, I thought you should read what the oil manufacturer says. I use Mobil 1 MX4T, and have had no problems. The last time I bought some, I only paid about $8 per quart, but that was a couple of years ago. Maybe it is more expensive now. I'll use it anyway.
SCH Rochester, MN

Return to “OILS: Specs, Opinions, Preferences, and more”