Air Box

robsgreen
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Air Box

Post by robsgreen »

Hi guys
Im getting parts ready for the big re-assembly but wondered if you could clarify something. Although my bike is a 79 1000Z its running a cartridge type filter off the later models and just wondered if this is OK. i think it should be the foam type but does matter?

Also, the 2 bank of 3 carb inlet rubbers sets look like they have had some sort of sealant / Glue on them where they seal inside the main airbox. Do I need to re-seal here or is it just what a previous owners has done. If yes, what do you recommend they are sealed with?
Best Regards
martin

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: Air Box

Post by daves79x »

The paper filter is fine. The rubbers should have never been separated from the airbox, but many guys do this in error. Clean everything up and use black silicone sealer to reinstall.

Dave

robsgreen
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by robsgreen »

Hi Dave
My airbox came to me in a box stripped down already but i probably would have done the same anyway! lol
Best Regards
Martin

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

robsgreen wrote:Hi Dave
My airbox came to me in a box stripped down already
Martin

That is a typical problem with some of the "breakers" and parts sharks. They take all and everything apart down to the last atom. Even parts that were never available separately from Honda are being broken down.

Return to “ENGINES: Maintenance, Performance, Parts Sources”