CBX Another newbie!

ahlenius1
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

CBX Another newbie!

Post by ahlenius1 »

Just joined, and i am looking forward to all the help i can get restoring a 1979 i just bought it, needs a lot of work! -seat -engine body work etc. just got a great running engine,seat rear cowl air box for $1020(paid $250 for the bike with an eng. with thrown rod) I had a 79 CBX in the late 80's and miss the heck out of it. Any and all help will be appreciated during the restore process! I have seen a few bikes that were similar to mine and look beautiful.look forward to hearing from you all Regards Anthony Hall

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: CBX Another newbie!

Post by NobleHops »

ahlenius1 wrote:Just joined, and i am looking forward to all the help i can get restoring a 1979 i just bought it, needs a lot of work! -seat -engine body work etc. just got a great running engine,seat rear cowl air box for $1020(paid $250 for the bike with an eng. with thrown rod) I had a 79 CBX in the late 80's and miss the heck out of it. Any and all help will be appreciated during the restore process! I have seen a few bikes that were similar to mine and look beautiful.look forward to hearing from you all Regards Anthony Hall
Anthony! Welcome to the site!

You're in good company for a restoration. I just finished mine this summer, and at least two others are in progress. Get a photo account setup somewhere and start taking pictures, keep us posted on your progress, and the help will come out of the woodwork. Ask me how I know this :-).

Again, welcome!

N.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Hi Anthony and welcome to the site.
Great to see another one being restored instead of being parted out.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

steve murdoch icoa #5322 wrote:Hi Anthony and welcome to the site.
Great to see another one being restored instead of being parted out.
I second that remark :!: Unfortunately, the ratio is still not in favor of ensuring survival. Just recently, another guy with left-turn-only wrenches in California has joined the club of parts marketeers on ebay. Looks like he parted out at least two of them.

SteveG
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by SteveG »

Welcome Anthony!

Congratulations on rejoining the CBX crowd. Please, keep us updated on your progress, and show us some pics!!!

Steve
82 CBX, 82 CB900F Project, 81 CB900(985)F, 79 CB750(810)F, 06 Wee-Strom

Return to “ENGINES: Maintenance, Performance, Parts Sources”