Can Anyone Recommend a Cylinder Head Repair Shop?

ericfreeman
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Can Anyone Recommend a Cylinder Head Repair Shop?

Post by ericfreeman »

The '79 CBX I acquired earlier this year with about 36K miles is using quite a bit of oil and I was planning on pulling the head this winter to replace the guide seals which are likely the oil culprit. However, never having worked on a 24 valve head before and lacking any of the special tools involved, I was wondering if there is anybody out there who could refurbish the head if it was sent to them. Would be nice to get the valves, guides, shims all sorted out at one time so all I'd have to do is re-fit the head. I'm a good mechanic/engineer so I know I can do much of the work myself if I need to but sometimes it's best to let real pros get in on the fun. Appreciate any advice/tips.

Eric

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Eric, You're looking at an expensive job if done by a head shop ? Any good machine shop should be able to check the head for plane... My advice would be to do it yourself, the tools are cheap ...Unless of course you are minted... :wink:
ICOA # 656

ericfreeman
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by ericfreeman »

I kind of figured I'd end up doing the work myself and fabricate/buy whatever tools I need. I have access to a lot of neat stuff where I work but was hoping there was a head guru out there who loved working on CBX heads so much he'd practically do the job for free just to keep busy!! Oh well, in a perfect world.....

Eric

cbxtc6
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by cbxtc6 »

Try Mark here:
Robertson Cycle, 9033 F St, Omaha, NE 68127, 402-339-1814

Return to “ENGINES: Maintenance, Performance, Parts Sources”