Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by dan1995 »

that's the bike they are talking about Don
Dan 1995

Triple x owner 79,81,82
Ironbutt member #24745
Coast to coast and border to border on a CBX
My goal was to ride farther and faster than my wife could bitch....
I needed a faster bike....
So I got a BUSA!!!!!

silversurfer1050
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by silversurfer1050 »

I wish I had a kinematices package. Do the cams turn onece for every crankshaft revolution, or is it a 4:1 reduction?

Logically it sounds like the back half is running backwards and the cams would have to be reverse ground if there is indeed a different slope on the exhaust side. Cams will run backwards too - it's all conected.

Does anyone have a broken cam laying around that they could get a picture of the "end" of one of the lobes. I could trace it and blow it up on CAD pretty easily.

Are they different intake from exhaust? ....two pictures....

Is Geogaedes doing this without a set of drawings. My understanding is that is how Sykorski built the first helicopter. They just made drawings later as documentation for the rest of us mortals who had to manufacture them.
A woman at 20 is like ice, at 30 she is warm and at 40 she is hot.

(Gina Lollobrigida)

Don #6141

Post by Don #6141 »

silversurfer1050 wrote:I wish I had a kinematices package. Do the cams turn onece for every crankshaft revolution, or is it a 4:1 reduction?
On most any 4 stroke engine, it's a 2:1 ratio - Two turns of the crankshaft for every one turn of the cams

On a CBX, since the cams are two piece, driven from the center, perhaps you can flip them 180 degrees (end for end) and install them and then rework the drive gear mounting - That way you could have the cams on the rear head turning the correct direction even though the head is mounted backwards?

Don

silversurfer1050
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by silversurfer1050 »

Yeah, mounted backwards so they are closing the same "acceleration" as the fromt bank and avoiding having the valve slam shut.

Put in an idler gear to reverse the direction. Where though? I have very little picture of how much room is there beyond George's picture.

Return to “ENGINES: Maintenance, Performance, Parts Sources”