GRINDING NOISE

merv 1
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by merv 1 »

Looks like i will have to look for a new set then . Larry your right it was a team effort and what a team !! Its just easier to buy you a couple of drinks than the other guys !! :lol:

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

merv 1 wrote:Looks like i will have to look for a new set then . Larry your right it was a team effort and what a team !! Its just easier to buy you a couple of drinks than the other guys !! :lol:
I'm sure they won't mind me accepting an honorary drink on their behalf... :lol:
ICOA # 656

merv 1
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by merv 1 »

Not a problem !! :lol: :lol:

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Be prepared to spend a good deal of money for the plates. Honda used to offer a kit which included both plates, the spring and the two washers. It was half the cost of a Jung alternator conversion. :roll:

merv 1
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by merv 1 »

Hi, i have managed to find a set in holland not too expensive ! But what do you do youve got to have them !!

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Unless you want to keep it stock Merv, I highly recommend the alternator conversion. I don't think Stefan makes them any more ( correct me if I'm wrong Mike) supplied by CBXman ( not available right now) but TIMS also has a conversion....
You could swing your good alternator on E-Bay ( always a demand for good alternator/stators) & maybe cover some of the cost....
ICOA # 656

Return to “ENGINES: Maintenance, Performance, Parts Sources”