Sarting engine

DevonCbx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Sarting engine

Post by DevonCbx »

I warmed up the garage a bit and started my CBX. After warming it up a bit, at about 6000 RPM it started to miss on the right side. I let it run for awhile and reved it up again. The mis fire seemed to stop. Is this normal?

Thanks

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Hi devon.
I am assuming it has been sitting for 4 months or so? Did you put Stabil in the gas? Maybe the gas got a little funky and it had started to seperate.
The carbs may have cleared their throats or plugs burned off some carbon with a bit of running.
I would be careful with a prolonged warm-up and revving to 6000 grand. Heat build up could blue your pipes among other things.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Starting an engine during the "lay-up" period is not a good thing. It may create more damage than benefit the bike. Everybody I have ever heard telling what to do when storing a bike for the winter has recommended against it.

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

I would TOTALLY agree with EMS unless the engine & exhaust system is brought up to it's normal operating temperature & held there for a while. Which in itself is a total waste of time.... :wink:
ICOA # 656

Return to “ENGINES: Maintenance, Performance, Parts Sources”