Time for New Valve Seals; Killing all local Mosquitoes!

Got3now
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Time for New Valve Seals; Killing all local Mosquitoes!

Post by Got3now »

Looks like I will hvae to put some new valve seals in. Have smoke upon cold start up out of the # 1 cylinder.. Oil must be leaking down from sitting on the side stand overnight fouling the plug when run. Clears up once warm and runs strong. Kills all local mosquitoes when cold.

Wondering if anyone has done it with the head on.. I am considering making a tool to remove the valve spring retainers so I can do it with the head in place.

dan1995
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by dan1995 »

if your parking it on the side stand without shutting your gas off you petcock my be leaking causeing the cylinder to fill with fuel.....this is a good way to hydo lock the motor and bend a rod, always shut the gas off and park it on the center stand overnight
Dan 1995

Triple x owner 79,81,82
Ironbutt member #24745
Coast to coast and border to border on a CBX
My goal was to ride farther and faster than my wife could bitch....
I needed a faster bike....
So I got a BUSA!!!!!

Got3now
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Got3now »

That is really interesting. If I recall correctly I forgot to turn the fuel off the time before it really smoked.

Today when I started it I first turned on the gas and started it. Like magic no smoke. I was miffed? :?

Perhaps all is well.. and that was the problem. I am new to the CBX thing. Always wanted one, but it took time to get one and love it!

I parked it today on the sidestand and did turn off the gas. Will see what happens next start.

Thanks so much!

Return to “ENGINES: Maintenance, Performance, Parts Sources”