strOOOOOOOke????

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Stroker CBX

Post by EMS »

chavcat wrote:Hi-Falicon in the past limited the stroke to 5mm (thay recommended 2-4mm for longevity).
The limitation you may run into is not the rods and the crank, but may be piston/ring problems. If Falicon recommends these numbers particularly for the CBX, the maximum stroke would be around 58-59mm. This will give you a mean piston speed of close to 20m/sec at 10,000 rpm, and I can see why Falicon would say that 2-4mm should be the ideal for longevity. Long stroke motors are usually not high rev units.

rbarber
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by rbarber »

I think a speed of 20-25m/sec should still be acceptable for motorcycle pistons. The long 6-cylinder crank and the oscillation and bending would concern me more, though.

chuck_b24
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Re: Stroker CBX

Post by chuck_b24 »

EMS wrote:
chavcat wrote:Hi-Falicon in the past limited the stroke to 5mm (thay recommended 2-4mm for longevity).
The limitation you may run into is not the rods and the crank, but may be piston/ring problems. If Falicon recommends these numbers particularly for the CBX, the maximum stroke would be around 58-59mm. This will give you a mean piston speed of close to 20m/sec at 10,000 rpm, and I can see why Falicon would say that 2-4mm should be the ideal for longevity. Long stroke motors are usually not high rev units.
...hello the 750 F has a 62mm stroke!! 900-1100F has a 69mm stroke!! why should a CBX stay below 60mm???...not because of piston speed.....chuck

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

They have longer rods then the CBX. Rod length effects piston speed, piston acceleration, and lateral forces on the piston.
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

chuck_b24

Post by chuck_b24 »

HI............I can use either a 750 or a 900 deck height & either rod size(will be using a 17mm pin size for 1100 overbore pistons).....chuck

Chris
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Chris »

chuck_b24 wrote:HI............I can use either a 750 or a 900 deck height & either rod size(will be using a 17mm pin size for 1100 overbore pistons).....chuck
Keep us updated on your progress. You are working on a very interesting project. 8)

Return to “ENGINES: Maintenance, Performance, Parts Sources”