Alt brushes

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Alt brushes

Post by Terry »

Where do you get them? I've priced them from Honda at $30, and from other places that range from $13 to over $40. :roll:
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

I used to get from Tims, they came in a sturdy plastic jar with a couple styrafoam peanuts for packing. Now i buy them at the local Honda shop for $35.00 CDN.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

I would think the Honda dealer is not too bad of a source. This is where I have bought mine before I swapped to the Jung alternator.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

The only set of aftermarket brushes I've ever used was from the 'old' TIMS and they lasted exactly 5000 miles in an '81. Stick with the Honda ones - they're cheaper in the long run.

Dave

cbx4evr
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cbx4evr »

The last time I needed brushes I took the holders to a local brush shop along with info on the Honda brush dimensions. They soldered some new ones on for $10.

You can do the same at home. I have some info somewhere about some auto motive applications being very close in size to the CBX brush. A little filing a dab of solder and you have a set for 1/3 the price that Honda is charging.
"It's a friggen motorcycle, it's not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you shit your pants every now and then. "

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

I get brushes from the local independent motorcycle shop. The brushes come in a package that says "Rick's Motorsport Electronics", the part # is 70-201, and the cost is $15.00. I've yet to have a set wear out. Whenever I get a CBX, it gets new brushes and the X with the most mileage is my 82 with 20,000 since purchase and new brushes.
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

cbx4evr
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cbx4evr »

"It's a friggen motorcycle, it's not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you shit your pants every now and then. "

Return to “ENGINES: Maintenance, Performance, Parts Sources”