rings again

MIKE DAVIS
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

rings again

Post by MIKE DAVIS »

for the conclusion to my Cruzinimage ring dilema I would suggest staying away from .5mm oversize from them. The whole thing has been an expensive nightmare. I first had the cylinders bored to .5mm over and installed the Cruzinimage kit. 85 psi of compression across the board. Tore the motor down and found a defective piston. Mitsuo said he would send me a replacement piston with rings. I decided to try another go-around with their rings as that particular oversize is very hard to get rings for,so I ordered an additional 5 sets of rings from Mitsuo. The order came with 5 sets of rings,one piston and no 6th set of rings. I tried for a couple of weeks to get another set from Mitsuo but he would no longer communicate with me so I had to use one set that had already been run. I had the cylinders honed by a machine shop using a high-end Sunnen stationary hone for $125. New head gasket, base gasket and such. Still no compression. Pulled it apart again, paid another $125 to have it honed again but this time I switched to IMD rings from the UK as no one else had that size rings, not even Tims or Louis. 160 lbs of compression right off the bat. No more Cruzinimage for me!

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Re: rings again

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Thanks for the input, Mike. Hopefully this helps someone else avoid all your head aches.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

bikeymikey748
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: rings again

Post by bikeymikey748 »

Hello Mike.
Kinda in the same boat as you. I have a Cruizinimage 67.5mm kit in mine. Looking for rings as well. Saw no listing on the IMD site.
Were yours special order? Cost? Lastly, do you have the ring widths available.
Thanks in advance.

Mike C.

Return to “ENGINES: Maintenance, Performance, Parts Sources”