Down Shifts while coasting CBX550f

vboost
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Down Shifts while coasting CBX550f

Post by vboost »

Hello,
I have a 1983 CBX 550f that I purchased cheap from a co worker who bought it not working.

I'm having two problems now that I have it running.
First and I believe the biggest is while riding after letting off the throttle and now coasting, the bike will either down shift by its self or slip into a false neutral. It will not do it when you are hard on the throttle.

Second is I'm having a problem with the starter circuit. When trying to start, the starter turns over very slowly. To the point where you think the battery is dead. I have replaced the battery and i have installed a starter brush kit. On the bench, with power applied to the starter, it whurls good. I've cleaned the starter conenctions and the main ground off the battery. With no luck.

Any help would be welcomed :text-+1:

Thank You

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Down Shifts while coasting CBX550f

Post by NobleHops »

Greetings 'boost.

:text-welcomewave:

We are focused on the 6-cylinder Honda CBX primarily here, although you still might find some help in response to your question. There are a few other sites dedicated to the DOHC Hondas that are excellent, including http://www.cb1100F.net. You might also try signing up there and post your question as well.

Good luck with your repairs!

N.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

Return to “ENGINES: Maintenance, Performance, Parts Sources”