1980 swingarm bearing

tevan
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

1980 swingarm bearing

Post by tevan »

Anybody have a source for the 80 right side needle roller bearing in the swingarm ? No longer available from Honda. I have just started my search at bearing companies and no luck yet. Surely somebody else has run into this before. :think:

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: 1980 swingarm bearing

Post by daves79x »

Terry: There is a whole thread here recently about these bearings. Neither have been available for a long time from Honda, and not much luck in the bearing world either. They are both proprietary bearing sizes, but guys have found needle left sides somewhere. Right side double bearings are a problem.

Dave

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

Terry, we concluded that the best source of a right-side double-ball-bearing was a Priolink swingarm, with that stack carefully extracted. I recall that the roller bearing WAS located. Somewhere.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

tevan
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by tevan »

Thanks for the replays guys. The left side is the side with the stacked ball bearings. The right side is the one I need. The right side if you are sitting on the bike. I will find some somewhere. I guess I should of left them in as they were ok but I wanted to get them out because I am going to have it powdercoated along with frame and other stuff.

tevan
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by tevan »

I have to correct my last post. I was ass backwards. The needle bearing is on the left side if you are sitting on bike. I found a bearing for it at motion ind. :text-thankyouyellow:

Return to “HANDLING: Suspension, Gearing, Frame Bracing, Non X Handling Part Upgrades, Rim Replacement Options, and more”