Swing + Suspension + Chains

jomi32
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Swing + Suspension + Chains

Post by jomi32 »

I have a little problem actually big problem. I bought new shocks to my -79 and the chains are now hitting in springs - so any ideas? I was looking that I can find in good price boxed swing for Bol Dor and even for 180" tyre. Do you know is the dimensions in Bol Dor swing same as CBX?
Live every day happy, even your life will be one day less! Said by: Major Larry A. Thorne
Same in Finnish: Ilosest ellää pittää vaik päivää vähemmän! Capt. Lauri Allan Törni from Finland

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Swing + Suspension + Chains

Post by NobleHops »

I had this same problem - I had to get different shocks with more distance between the clevis and the bottom of the spring. I cannot see why a different swingarm would solve the problem, but maybe I am wrong. I think you need different shocks.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

jomi32

Post by jomi32 »

Oh s...t I just bought these new shocks from Australia, pay all shippings, customs and taxes. In advertise these was suitable for CBX :o
Live every day happy, even your life will be one day less! Said by: Major Larry A. Thorne
Same in Finnish: Ilosest ellää pittää vaik päivää vähemmän! Capt. Lauri Allan Törni from Finland

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Some shocks have a exchangeable lower mount and you can change the clevis. Chcek if your clevis is symmetrical. If not switch shocks from side to side and see if it is better.

jomi32

Post by jomi32 »

Problem solved I mod the swing & left shock a little bit. Where can I find 15 / 35 sprockets for 530 chains?

Return to “HANDLING: Suspension, Gearing, Frame Bracing, Non X Handling Part Upgrades, Rim Replacement Options, and more”