81 US HANDLEBARS ON A 79

tubehead
New Member & Happy To Be Here

81 US HANDLEBARS ON A 79

Post by tubehead »

I am thinking the 81 pro-link bars are the right fit for me after sitting on a bike with the low sports kit bars fitted and not feeling comfortable.
Does anyone have a pic of a 79 with pro-link bars fitted?
Also does anyone know where I can buy 35-38mm sleeves to allow the pro-link bars to be fitted?

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: 81 US HANDLEBARS ON A 79

Post by EMS »

Quite a few people have done that for exactly the same reason as you. You will also be able to keep the stock switchgear on the throttle side, because the cables will not hit the tank.
You will need 35-39 mm sleeves and you can make them yourself out of brass stock. I have some left, I think, but shipping to Australia will be cost prohibitive.

tubehead

Post by tubehead »

The pro-link bars were on barely an hour after I picked up the bike from the docks.Unfortunately I had to cut the location nobs off to get the right arm position for me but I am very happy with the look and the new riding position is perfect for me.

Thanks to Tevan.

thanks for the offer EMS.

It started instantly after 10 weeks of bouncing around inside a container !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Z Grand
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Z Grand »

Looks very nice!

Return to “HANDLING: Suspension, Gearing, Frame Bracing, Non X Handling Part Upgrades, Rim Replacement Options, and more”