SUSPENSION/DRIVE LINE VIBRATION

covert1982
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

SUSPENSION/DRIVE LINE VIBRATION

Post by covert1982 »

Took the bike for a test ride after the engine rework and to check the bike over as l have not l ridden the bike since it was shipped in from the States. All went well except for a small vibration which is felt just after the bike is moved from a stationary position (about 2 to 3 seconds) with medium acceleration.
The vibration is not bad and I don’t remember any problems with my last CBX(35,000kms) back in the late 80’s.
I have checked all the engine bolts etc.:, free play in the swing arm, removed the wheel and checked wheel bearings and rubber dampers and all look good.
Before l start disassembling the rear of the bike, are there any common problems with a 1981 CBX Pro-Link? I checked the posts and could not find anything that matched my small issue.
I should add that the bike has done 21,789 miles and by the look of things all the original parts are still fitted, except for the exhaust and tires.
thanks Guy

Return to “HANDLING: Suspension, Gearing, Frame Bracing, Non X Handling Part Upgrades, Rim Replacement Options, and more”