Help me ID my shocks?

Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Help me ID my shocks?

Post by Syscrush »

Hey all.

The seller told me that these were Fox twin-clickers, but I am now almost certain that they are not. I went looking for compression & rebound adjustments on them and found nothing. Preload can be adjusted by partial disassembly and removal of a circlip to move the top spring perch up and down the upper mount, and there's a Schrader valve on the bottom of the reservoir. Here are some pics of the shocks:

Anyone have some insight on what these are? There's no "Fox" cast or stamped on anywhere, but those are the signature colors for Fox of the era. Are these just some kind of crappy knockoff? Or Fox but lower-spec?

Any info would be very much appreciated.
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

Syscrush
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Help me ID my shocks?

Post by Syscrush »

I sent these same pics to a buddy who is a suspension guru (Rick at Cogent Dynamics - they make their own shocks in-house and also sell and service RT, Ohlins, and Penske stuff), as well as to Fox Shocks to see if I can get some clarity.

Rick thinks that they look like they were good shocks, but agrees with me that there's no sign of adjustment. They may or may not be from Fox, but they're definitely not double-clickers. We'll see what Fox has to say.
Phil in Toronto
A cool guy deserves a cool bike, a dork needs a cool bike...
Pics of Perry, my '79.

Return to “HANDLING: Suspension, Gearing, Frame Bracing, Non X Handling Part Upgrades, Rim Replacement Options, and more”