Speedo hub alignment on a Prolink?

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Speedo hub alignment on a Prolink?

Post by Terry »

Can't believe I didn't notice once again...but after installing the front wheel with a new BT45 to match the rear, I forgot to see how the speedo unit fits to the fork. Unlike my 79, there is a peg (a small rise on the inside of the fork tube) near the axle and a peg on the speedo unit. If the speedo unit's peg is in front of the fork peg the cable housing doesn't line up. But, installed towards the motor (rear of the fork peg) the cable lines up but I don't recall the speedo unit freewheeling or floating, whatever its called. Everything appears to be lined up correctly but I just don't remember the speedo unit not being locked in place. So, how does yours work? Can you grab the cable and move the speedo hub?
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

There is a "tit" on the fork leg & a "tit" on the speedo drive. The "tit" on the speedo drive should be behind ( nearest the rider) the "tit" on the fork. This is to prevent it being rotated by the torque, as it's free floating Terry....
ICOA # 656

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

"Can you grab the cable and move the speedo hub?"

You could've just said yes you know... :roll: :)

The fronts last so long I guess I've only had 3 or 4 front tires in the last four years and 40,000+ miles but I only recall pulling them off a couple times myself. But I bet I'll remember next time where that 'tit' goes :!: :oops: :lol: Wonder why my Z model doesn't have a 'tit' :?:
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

I know my "A" model ( 1980) has "tits".... Oh dear George is going to have fun with this... :lol:
ICOA # 656

Return to “HANDLING: Suspension, Gearing, Frame Bracing, Non X Handling Part Upgrades, Rim Replacement Options, and more”