Suspension bushings?

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Suspension bushings?

Post by Terry »

Could someome check this site under OE suspension parts and then the Rear Cushion schematic for an 82 X. I removed the ProSus rear unit and am sending it in for a rebuild and I saw that these bushings? need replacing. They are number 38 on the schematic and I need all four for the dogbones? attaching the shockmount to the swingarm. The insides on three of them were empty except for the rubber? seal/O ring and only one of them had anything else inside the cup and it looked like hard burnt toast and crumbled out when I turned it upside down. They're $7.71 each thru BikeBandit.

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorc ... 82/o/m2078
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

So, what's the question, Terry? What do you need? :?
No 38 in the schematic is a seal. 91262-MAO-003. You need 8. (4 for each connecting rod) The bushings are No 18 and the parts list says you need 8 of them also (4 for each rod) 52465-MA2-300.

SteveG
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by SteveG »

I took the "dogbones" completely out of my 82, then removed the bushings and sleeves (#17 and #18 on the Bike Bandit site) from the bone, cleaned them, greased them, put it back together, and the bike felt like new. (As far as I know what a new CBX should be like, but it sure felt a lot better!)

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

I do need 8 of the seals marked 38. Thanks Mike. I'd only removed the lower pair to get the shock out and hadn't thought of the top ones (probably) just as bad. I guess I wanted to confirm what the insides of them are supposed to look like. Mine look fine on the hard side where the bolt goes through but on the inside, have what appears to be the remnants of a seal or O ring tucked around the inner edge and only one of them had anything else inside and it was toast, fell out in small chunks and was unidentifyable. Anyone have one laying around in good shape? :lol: Dayum, 8 of them at nearly 8 bucks each! :x

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

You're sure the chunks aren't just hard dirt?

SteveG
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by SteveG »

What did you end up doing?

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Apparently the seals are empty except for a rubber? ring inside the inside lip. ProSus hasn't gotten back to me (after emails and calls) so I don't yet have the unit back to reinstall. (Hope they didn't go out of business). I'll closely examine the seals and if I think they really need replacing I'll get some new ones. I mailed the shock to them on 7/07/08 and began trying to reach them since the 21st with no luck. :roll:

Customer service is gone forever I think... :x

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Apparently I was wrong about good CS in re: "Customer service is gone forever I think..."

Turns out PsoSus sent me back a fully rebuilt shock for FREE. Now I see that I do need some more parts to reassemble it though, numbers 17 and 18 on the fische. Bike Bandit is sending them to me.

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Quality input Terry.... :thumupp:
ICOA # 656

Return to “HANDLING: Suspension, Gearing, Frame Bracing, Non X Handling Part Upgrades, Rim Replacement Options, and more”