sport kit brake lines

dave

sport kit brake lines

Post by dave »

hi,
i will be installing a sport kit on my 79' soon and i would like to also use s/s braided lines....there is not a listing for the shorter lines... i seem to recall that the 81-82 lines may work as they are shorter as well....will this work or do i need to have some made?
thanx
dave

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Contact Galfer.com. All they need are the measurements and their turnaround is only a week. Mine are great, front and rear, although I don't have the sport bars.
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Don »

Only the one running from the master cylinder is shorter. The two running to each caliper are still the stock length.

Don

RIPPER
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by RIPPER »

Take Terry's suggestion and go to Galfer (you can get color covered SS from them) and do away with the junction under the horn.Get a double bolt when you order and go direct to each caliper.We bought blue covered SS for our 82's and they look great.
Thanks RIPPER
FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE!

RIPPER
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by RIPPER »

Also,when using Galfer USA ask for Sandro and ask for a discount!
Thanks RIPPER
FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE!

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

SS Brake Lines

Post by EMS »

I have a spare set of original Spiegler Braided Stainless Steel lines. As they were made for the Euro CBX, they have the proper length for the Sport Kit. It is a total of 3 lines with metal washers. Color is silver.
Don't know how they would compare with the Galfers pricewise, but I am asking $150.00 including shipping in the U.S. Send me a message if you are interested.

chinster

Re: sport kit brake lines

Post by chinster »

dave wrote:hi,
i will be installing a sport kit on my 79' soon and i would like to also use s/s braided lines....there is not a listing for the shorter lines... i seem to recall that the 81-82 lines may work as they are shorter as well....will this work or do i need to have some made?
thanx
dave

Dave,
Are you replacing the original sport kit hose or just don't have one? I'm either looking for the sport kit hose length in inches or to buy one. Let me know if you have one available.
Thanks, Chinster

dave

sport kit s/s brake lines

Post by dave »

chinister..
my sport kit is NEW... however i am not willing to part with the hose .. but i gave all the measurements to santos @ galferusa.com so they will make you one...and they may even offer a kit for 79/80's with the optional sport kit lengths.
dave

dave

sport kit s/s brake lines

Post by dave »

chinister..
my sport kit is NEW... however i am not willing to part with the hose .. but i gave all the measurements to santos @ galferusa.com so they will make you one...and they may even offer a kit for 79/80's with the optional sport kit lengths.
dave

chinster

Sport kit brake hose

Post by chinster »

Dave, thanks for the Galfer info. However, I was looking to maintain the original sportkit look with the rubber brake line. Can you give me the length in inches from the centerline of the banjo to banjo? This way I can try to cross reference a brake line from another bike. :D Thanks, Chinster.

dave

brake lines

Post by dave »

chinister,
i beleive it is 13.25" but i will re-measure for you..i would sell the original one... but as i have a partial sport kit for my 80' this is one more peice i won't have to locate later........
dave

chinster

Sport Kit brake line

Post by chinster »

Dave, I fully understand. Please give me the re-measured dimension from centerline of top banjo fitting to centerline of bottom banjo fitting and I'll try to cross reference to another bike's brake line. There's something anal about staying with a rubber brake line to look original, isn't there. :? Oh well....Thanks, Chinster

Return to “HANDLING: Suspension, Gearing, Frame Bracing, Non X Handling Part Upgrades, Rim Replacement Options, and more”