Special Tool (Steering Stem Socket) 07916-371-0100

bdento59
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Special Tool (Steering Stem Socket) 07916-371-0100

Post by bdento59 »

Does anyone have photos and/or dimensions for the Honda special tool called "Steering stem socket"? The P/N in the shop manual is 07916-371-0100, but has since been superceded by P/N 07916-371-0101. I found it for sale domestically, but at $54, I'd like to see what it looks like first in case I can fabricate one instead.

As always, TIA
Bill Denton
Yardley, PA
wkdenton@verizon.net
Lazarus Cycleworks, LLC
We Breathe New Life into Old Bikes

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

I'm trying to get a fellow on E-Bay over here to make two. Hadn't heard from him since I had been on vacation, lemme give him another prompt..

Here are the nuts & info needed...

ICOA # 656

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

The Gentleman just contacted me again, so we will see where this goes. Normally looking about $30 for each socket... He made me one for the 1980 swinging arm nut which was a jewel..
ICOA # 656

Tom Neimeyer
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Tools

Post by Tom Neimeyer »

A few years ago I made some for the steering stem (normal CBX takes two) and for the clutch nut. I sold some on E-Bay and some on club site. Here are a couple I use.

Pretty easy for the average "Shade Tree Mechanic" to make buy a used socket from a Pawn shop for $3 and crank up the Dremel and 2 hours later....poof....you got it.

Cheers, Tom

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

I wouldn't call yourself the average "shade tree mechanic" Tom.. Far from it.... :wink:

I too thought about following your example but I have a shiny tool fetish... :lol:

Good stuff... :thumupp:
ICOA # 656

bdento59
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Tools

Post by bdento59 »

Tom Neimeyer wrote:A few years ago I made some for the steering stem (normal CBX takes two) and for the clutch nut. I sold some on E-Bay and some on club site. Here are a couple I use.
Hi Tom,

Very nice. The middle one looks familiar, as I already made one of those (clutch nut variety) by your lead in the tech section article in this website. Maybe you could bring the others to VMD and let me borrow them for patterns? Thanks 1KK... :D
Bill Denton
Yardley, PA
wkdenton@verizon.net
Lazarus Cycleworks, LLC

bdento59
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

annotated photos

Post by bdento59 »

alimey4u2 wrote:I'm trying to get a fellow on E-Bay over here to make two. Hadn't heard from him since I had been on vacation, lemme give him another prompt.
Alimey, thanks so much for the beautifully annotated photos! They are very helpful. Lemme know what the E-Bay fellow says...
Bill Denton
Yardley, PA
wkdenton@verizon.net
Lazarus Cycleworks, LLC

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Re: annotated photos

Post by alimey4u2 »

bdento59 wrote:
alimey4u2 wrote:I'm trying to get a fellow on E-Bay over here to make two. Hadn't heard from him since I had been on vacation, lemme give him another prompt.
Alimey, thanks so much for the beautifully annotated photos! They are very helpful. Lemme know what the E-Bay fellow says...
He contacted me again to finalise so this time it may be a go.... I'll keep ya'll updated... :thumupp:
ICOA # 656

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Tools are being shipped as we speak, I'll check them out on arrival & post the info.... :idea:
ICOA # 656

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Superb fit, 50 Pounds Sterling for both, including shipping within the UK. I can find out how much to the States if you wish ? If you have an another application the gentleman will make the item for you for a discount price. Mine were discounted as I took the time to research & give him drawings. PM me if you are interested & I'll give you the contact info....

ICOA # 656

Joner
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Joner »

Yep you do have a shiny tool fetish Larry :lol: :lol:
They do look good though.
Might have to get me some made, I'm still waiting for my mate to finish some bits for me (only had them for 11 months). Can't complain though I told him no rush, and he isn't charging.

Cheers
Chris J.

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Thanks Chris, I'll post the info on UKCBXCLUB as well.... :idea:
ICOA # 656

Return to “HANDLING: Suspension, Gearing, Frame Bracing, Non X Handling Part Upgrades, Rim Replacement Options, and more”