RC Engineering exhaust

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: RC Engineering exhaust

Post by NobleHops »

I like it!
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Gearheadgregg »

IMG_3071.JPG
And finally i am Baffled ! no doubt this will be more mellow than my Lawn Tractor that exceeds local Town ordinances... Stainless Wool rapped ..Did my Supercharged GL also bottom picture ..Looks like my Glass pack got BLOWN out from a few Nitrous Pulls hahaha :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Gearheadgregg on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ericfreeman
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by ericfreeman »

You might find the steel wool corrodes very quickly due to moisture and corrosive gases in the exhaust. I've always used bronze wool when working on baffles on my exhaust systems.

Eric

Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Gearheadgregg »

Steel wool or Stainless Steel wool ? I was hoping the Stainless 434 will not rust..good point ! i will still check them every so often..The Stainless sounds good not as harsh as the Glass mat, This is what i used > This stainless steel wool is made from Alloy type AISI 434 stainless steel, a corrosion resistant steel.
The 1 lb. reels are a woven web of stainless steel wool approximately 1/4" thick in a relaxed state and 4" wide. The web is wound onto a fiber core and weighs 1 pound. There is about 18 feet of web per 1-pound reel. Length of the web varies, usually in excess of 18 feet.
434 stainless steel wool withstands temperatures in excess of 700°C, exhaust acids and high vibration.
Furnace tests show that stainless steel wool will withstand sustained temperatures of 700°C and peak temperatures of 800° C for up to 10 minutes without damage or degradation.
CHEMISTRY : C (Carbon) 0.12% max. ; Si (Silicon) 1.0% max. ; Mn (Manganese) 1.0% max. ; S (Sulfur) 0.03% max. ;P (Phosphorous) 0.04% max. ; Cr (Chromium) 16.0 - 18.0% max. ; Mo (Molybdenum) 1.25% max.; Fe (Iron) remainder
The simplest form of stainless steel wool is a continuous woven web of wool, 4 inches wide on reels. This product meets all of the physical demands for exhaust applications.
The continuous web format is ideal for the making of custom exhaust or for the repacking of exhaust as would be done by car and motorcycle enthusiast.
This is a Complete Made in the USA product.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-Steel ... 0322027556

Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Gearheadgregg »

IMG_3021.JPG
Much calmer than i thought ,not as loud as my GL 1500,,, but man they sound NICE ! and looks nice at both sides
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Gearheadgregg on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

"and looks nice at both sides" I DO agree, Gregg! Here's to you. :text-coolphotos:
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Looks great, are you finished with the paint or are you adding any emblems or embellishments?

Maybe the packing in the cans will break in and the db level will go up.

gak1047
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by gak1047 »

Love those pipes. They look great on your bike.

Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Gearheadgregg »

Jeff Bennetts wrote:Looks great, are you finished with the paint or are you adding any emblems or embellishments?

Maybe the packing in the cans will break in and the db level will go up.
I have a Vinyl Rap theme i am looking into by a local fella to do something cool and removable for fender, tank, rear cowl , it will be done this winter, To look like a aluminum being Peeled back with rivets showing up front and lots of color . Greg

Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Gearheadgregg »

Thanks Guys ! The CBX ROCKS !! :D

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

Great bike, great combination of parts and finishes. Can't wait to see the graphics!
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Gearheadgregg »

Still riding today 11-19-16 the weather will prolly turn Cold tomorrow , This Bad boy runs strong ! No midrange flatspots ,Stab it and it flat out Runs Hard ..cold start shown and then went for a 50 mile ride and put away in heated storage for winter today, Had to make a little clip for Cabin fever.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn2Y0NOlb2w

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Sounds very nice, Gregg.
Did you stick with the 74/120 jetting or go to the 80/120?

Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Gearheadgregg »

steve murdoch icoa #5322 wrote:Sounds very nice, Gregg.
Did you stick with the 74/120 jetting or go to the 80/120?
Slow Jet # 38 one step larger than stock , 120 Main,, but it did have the Stage 3 Dyno jet Needles , I left them in, Carbs had lots off issues , When i went to p/u the bike the seller that had this bike stored along with 25 other old bikes had his so called MC mech there , looked like he was tapping on the outside carb with a hammer thinking the float was stuck and made the slide jam inside in open position, Pump nozzles were not working and all the Slow Jets were clogged naturally replaced all Jets new ,The overflow tubes had split on a couple bowls and had to soldier while bench testing for leaks , Pods seem to like this setup along with easy Cold start ,,not much Choke needed , Very pleased this motor is solid or Lucky lol ..Winds up Tight !

destiny
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by destiny »

I had a set of RC 6-2 on a 82 for short period of time. It sounded like two Kawasaki Triples running side by side!!! I took them off after a week. I didn't think they fit the "personality" of the late model. Chuck.

Return to “EXHAUSTS: What works and fits...and what doesn't.”