Kerker 6 into 2 system

Artie
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Kerker 6 into 2 system

Post by Artie »

Just bought used system in great shape, I hope on EBay,
When were these made and for how long?
I like having pipe on each side of the bike,Have Mac2s that came on bike love the sound but you get what you pay for!
Hope won't need jetting change from Mike Nixons set up for stock exhaust ,air box cover,paper filter.
Only 30 mile maiden voyage but carbs are perfect in terms of response,idle,again you get what you pay for.......thanx Mike
Any info on this system appreciated,thanx to all
What a great resource for CBXrs
PS
Anyone want to buy Almost new looking Mac2 system cheap!!!????

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Kerker 6 into 2 system

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

I saw that system on E-Bay. It was a beauty.
The seller is a member here....ICOA #5762
Kerkers have a great sound. I did not rejet my '79 with the same carb setup as you and the bike ran fine.

Artie
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Artie »

Good news ,just curious because cannot find 6 into 2 kerkers new or used not often seen?,Mac2s are just so thin on the cans with structure and chrome, and I never liked the sound of stock exhaust on CBX too mutted bike all done except now no charging ,alternator rebuilding time bad rotor,can't wait for warmer weather here in NE to ride !!!
Looks like new with Mark Byrd silver paint Mike Nixon carb rebuild,fresh tires chain all forks brakes ,seals etc.etc.
19800 miles sitting since 12/1990 but unmolested pretty much.Runs flawlessly, just as I remember had exact same bike new in 79,paid $3400 dealer cost at the time.
On a 1-10 scale I feel it's an 8 it's a beauty,
Couldn't have down it so easily w/o forum info
Thanx again to all who make it possible

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Artie wrote:Good news ,just curious because cannot find 6 into 2 kerkers new or used not often seen?,
The 6-2 Kerkers are very well liked in the community and consequently snapped up quick when a set comes up for sale. Kerker does not make them anymore and that's why they are relatively rare. Before Delkevic and Sankei came out with the 6-2 repros, the Kerkers were probably the most popular 6-2 sets, next to the Supertrapps, also made by Kerker and also no longer in production. Mac 6-2s you can still find new. I think Mac still offers them.

FalldownPhil
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by FalldownPhil »

Speaking of "early" Kerker 6x2, here is another set :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
When you are up to your ass in alligators it is sometimes difficult
to remember that your objective was to drain the swamp !!

Return to “EXHAUSTS: What works and fits...and what doesn't.”