Which 6 into 1 for my 79?

radwing
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Which 6 into 1 for my 79?

Post by radwing »

I am trying to decide whether to install a DG 6 into 1 pipe or step up to a Powerflow 6 -2-1, ( Bassani replica). The Powerflow is a lot of money after you add the shipping cost to get it here from South Africa.. Can anyone help me out here? Is the sound of the Bassani style pipe better than the DG? Is there a performance difference? I would appreciate any advice since I am ready to bite the bullet on one of these options. Thanks

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Which 6 into 1 for my 79?

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Speaking strictly from personal experience the Bassani sounds and looks better.
I could not tell a performance difference by the seat of my pants.
My '79 with a DG did not need rejetting. The '80 with the Bassani had a Stage 1 carb kit.
I imagine the Bassani Replica is probably double the cost so that would point me to the DG.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Which 6 into 1 for my 79?

Post by EMS »

radwing wrote:I am trying to decide whether to install a DG 6 into 1 pipe or step up to a Powerflow 6 -2-1, . Thanks
I would ask the question "why a 6-(2)-1?" Besides the fact that 6-1s are not necessarily the best exhausts as fas as tuning and performance, to me, they give the bike an unbalanced look. There is just too much empty, unfinished space on the other side. If you would consider spending the money for a Powerflow , you could consider one of the Sankei original replicas.

Return to “EXHAUSTS: What works and fits...and what doesn't.”