Anyone want a STAINLESS 6-1 exhaust??

cbx1260cc
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Anyone want a STAINLESS 6-1 exhaust??

Post by cbx1260cc »

STILL trying--Remember my efforts with POWERFLOW in South Africa---and may have succeeded this time--in getting someone to remake an exhaust for our beloved CBX's--in the USA.

I have found a vendor who will make a Replica of the WINNING Performance 6-1 system in STAINLESS STEEL. There are a few advantages to the Winning pipe:

Can retain Center stand to allow easy chain lube adjustments etc

No removal of exhaust required to do an Oil change.

Pipe tucks in nicely for good ground clearance--BUT--- one must be careful of the collector when crossing Speed Bumps to prevent "bashing" it due to suspension movement.

Those are the good/medium points.

The hard to swallow issues:

Builder wants a guarantee of five (5) pieces to be made before he will proceeed with development work/design etc.

Price will be $1,000.00 per pipe (personally I thing that's not too bad for a Stainless Steel pipe). For reference a Stainless Steel Schuele pipe is about $3,500.00 these days if memory serves me correctly.

Bottom line is that Five people will have to come up with a $500 deposit Before work will begin. Again to me this seems reasonable but $500 IS $500 and in todays times not a lot of people have that kind of extra cash just laying around.

IF you're interested in this please get back to me by PM and I'll do my best to answer any/all questions.

This folks seems to be our best chance yet to get the ball rolling.

Perhaps it will be Winning Performance 6-1 today--Bassani 6-1 tomorrow and Supertrapp 3-1 x 2's down the road a bit--But we have to start somewhere.

Ricardo

Return to “EXHAUSTS: What works and fits...and what doesn't.”