mac or spend the money?

ahlenius1
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

mac or spend the money?

Post by ahlenius1 »

Ok i see the Mac exhausts are selling from $399-499 and the Delkevic for $1295 i know the macwill probably blue slightly and i worry about the fit. However is the extra expense of the Delkevic warranted i have seen alot of discussion on this subject but no definate answer there is a stock exhaust i could buy on E-bay for @$800 with a few scrapes Help!!Any input would be appreciated Thanks

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: mac or spend the money?

Post by NobleHops »

ahlenius1 wrote:Ok i see the Mac exhausts are selling from $399-499 and the Delkevic for $1295 i know the macwill probably blue slightly and i worry about the fit. However is the extra expense of the Delkevic warranted i have seen alot of discussion on this subject but no definate answer there is a stock exhaust i could buy on E-bay for @$800 with a few scrapes Help!!Any input would be appreciated Thanks
I'll disclaim expertise, but I had a Mac on the bike when I got it, and I only heard it run (badly) for a short time. But even as a replacement exhaust, the PO had attempted to refinish it black, as the chrome had substantially peeled. The Delkevic looks and sounds great, and runs really well with the stock airbox and jetting. I paid ~$1800 for the Delkevic, I'd have judged it a bargain at $1,300 a year ago.

If you want to make it look and sound close to stock, Delkevic or Sankei are your two options, IMO.

N.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Don »

I don't think there is a single thing to recommend spending $200 on a Mac system . . . . let alone the new prices you've quoted. Whatever you spend, you're not going to be happy with it once you get near a group of other CBX's which have the exhausts you'd really like to have installed on them

If you can find a presentable Mac system for $100 or less to tide you over until you can buy something worth having, go for it - Spending $500 for a new system though is just throwing away money which could (and should) be applied to a real system, IMO

Don

ahlenius1
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by ahlenius1 »

Once again Don Thanks found a real nice original exhaust on E-bay for $500 one scrape on the bottom of left pipe but thats it ill let you know how it turns out Thanks Anthony

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Based upon my experience with MACs on other bikes, follow Don's suggestion/recommendation. You'll be happy and satisfied in the long run. MACs don't have the fit or finish.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Return to “EXHAUSTS: What works and fits...and what doesn't.”