6 into 1: here we go again – now what’s this thing?

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

alimey4u2 wrote:Thanks to Piit's post & with Mel's permission at UKCBXCLUB, I have posted this here.( Thank you Gents.) Should spark some interest.. :wink:

http://www.phildentonengineering.com/pr ... sp?pid=895
I don't think you need Mel's permission Larry.

http://phildentonengineering.com/product.asp?pid=895
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Just common courtesy Terry as it was on a paid members club site where I found it... I would request the same here .. :wink: I'm that kind of guy.. :lol:
ICOA # 656

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

steve murdoch icoa #5322 wrote: That Bito sounds nice and it had better for that price.
:shock: :shock: I did not say nothing :!: :!:

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Don »

"Releases far more power than any other after market system currently available"
'Far more power' than a Schule?? I'd have to see some dyno slips to convince me. For a 'power is the main objective' layout, I can't imagine a better designed 6 into 3 into 1 pipe than a Schule

Don

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Clever wording, it "releases more power". Not necessarily from thermal efficiency but possibly weight loss in its use of titanium... :lol:
ICOA # 656

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

"Power". What is "power" :?: The term is so general, that almost any statement about "making" it, would be true. Unfortunately, many people fall for the "horsepower" number, which means virtually nothing in the U.S.
What do you do, here, with 125 horsepower at 9,000 rpm, when your roadspeed rarely exceeds 90 mph :?:
In Germany, on the Autobahn, trying to sustain a speed of 125 mph over a longer distance on a bike without fairing, yes, horsepower matters.
That's what exhausts like the Schüle are designed for. In the U.S., they are borderline waste of money. If you take the $3,000.- and invest it into some other measures to boost the torque between 3,000 and 7,000 rpm, you get more "bang for the buck".

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

EMS wrote:
steve murdoch icoa #5322 wrote: That Bito sounds nice and it had better for that price.
:shock: :shock: I did not say nothing :!: :!:
Just beating you to it, Mike.
This place is full of nuttin' but wise guys, i tell ya.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

steve murdoch icoa #5322 wrote:
Just beating you to it, Mike.
This place is full of nuttin' but wise guys, i tell ya.
:D :D :D 8) Tough to add anything to that, or being wise about it, other than that the wise guys, at least, don't call each other foul names or use potty language 8)

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

EMS wrote::D :D :D 8) Tough to add anything to that, or being wise about it, other than that the wise guys, at least, don't call each other foul names or use potty language 8)
Gentlemen one & all.... :thumupp:
ICOA # 656

Dave Hansen
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Dave Hansen »

By the time you bought that and then got it shipped, tarifs, ect.. you would have well over four grand. In a pipe. Thats nuts, it looks and sounds nice but I would spend that money on other improvments that would bring more performance than any pipe is gonna give.

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Sleepless, here's another shot of the Bassani off the bike before I sent it out to be coated, its a better overall view.

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

Power Release Exhaust...hummmm

My major minority view here is if anyone wants to go fast on the backroads......make sure your CBX handles good ...and you can ride good.

Go to a couple of track days and ride the ride. When one of the instructors comes over and tells you how good you and the CBX are doing you are ready for any average rider on a CBX... with any exhaust. Butttt you already had a clue on this since you were passing more riders on newer bikes than were passing you on your CBX at the track days.

All things being equal ....I sorta like the cheaper way.....learn to ride good and equip your bike with cost effective upgrades that are really needed and pocket the $3000 to $4000 needed for these exhausts.
My CBX lives near Harrisburg, Pa USA
Team222 = 2 Ole, 2 Fat and wayyyy 2 Slow

darrylb
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Re: 6 into 1: here we go again – now what’s this thing?

Post by darrylb »

sleepless, I know this is a late entry into the debate of weather or not your exhaust system is a Bassani. Look at the pictures of the Bassani system for sale on e-bay. I can almost assure you that what you have is the Bassani system. The baffle is different true, but anybody could have modified the baffle on your system over the years. It is also possible that Bassani made variations for this system. Even Bassani does't know. I've talked to them recently. The system on e-bay is mine. Yours is chrome and mine is black. Some one in the past could have chromed your system or Bassani made two different models. Yours is welded as opposed to the individual pieces of my system. Still someone could have allighned everything and then welded it all together.At any rate the configuration of the pipes is identical looking at the pictures in comparison. I hope this helps Darrylb

weaver

Post by weaver »

6 into 2 from Bito R&D - £3200. The UKP has gone from buying 250JPY in 2007 down to 130JPY in 2011. The USD from 123 to 83JPY. Bad time to buy Japanese made exhausts.

alicezx

Post by alicezx »

is that pipe for sale,the chrome one?looks like a hooker header i had for one of my 79s,,they made one too,the bassani i had was kinda like an s at the bottom under engine

Return to “EXHAUSTS: What works and fits...and what doesn't.”