DG 6 into 1 Exhaust

George R. Garrison #0857
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

DG 6 into 1 Exhaust

Post by George R. Garrison #0857 »

I've read everything I could find about the DG exhaust.

But, at the moment there a few of them for sale on ebay from an outfit in California.

Are they worth it or a waist of time to consider?

Are they still manufactured by DG?

If they perform as poorly as the blogs claim, why are they still available as a new product?

Any recent experiences with the DG 6 into 1 exhaust systems?

Later, George in Delware
I'm into motorcycles, wooden boats, airplanes, wood working and car restoration.

CBXRoger
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by CBXRoger »

I have a DG 6-1 on my '81 CBX. The person I purchased my bike from had taken a big drift pin and punched big holes in all the baffles. It was too quiet for him!

I used the DG at the drag strip. I drilled out the rivets holding the baffle in place and put small bolts and nuts in their place. At the strip, I pulled the baffle out, replacing it to drive home.

As I never dyno'd the bike with either exhaust, I can't tell you there is a difference in horse power between the DG and the original exhaust with big holes punched in the baffles.

With the baffle in, the sound is very acceptable to me, the neighbors, and the cops. With the baffle out, there weren't many vehicles louder, especially at high RPM. As all my time at the strip was above 5 grand, I didn't notice any flat spots in the power curve.

For the price, it is a good exhaust system. But as with all single wall pipes, it will turn blue.
Freeways are boring. Back roads have character.

Return to “EXHAUSTS: What works and fits...and what doesn't.”