Aftermarket Exhaust Question?

tgraytn
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Aftermarket Exhaust Question?

Post by tgraytn »

I have a 1979 CBX and noticed a MAC 6:2 exhaust system on Ebay for $399.99 or best offer. Item number: 260218060280

I wanted to get some opinions of this exhaust. I would like to replace my current exhaust and need some help. I DON'T have a lot to spend...

Thanks!

Tom

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

I think they're the cheapest aftermarket exhausts made but personally haven't used them. I tried the SEARCH function under "Mac" and this came up. Hope it helps. Others should chime in. BTW, WELCOME to the Forum!

search.php?mode=results
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

cbx4evr
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cbx4evr »

It's the old you get what you pay for thing. Quality isn't the best and they are on the loud side.

I'd go with the Marving's.
"It's a friggen motorcycle, it's not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you shit your pants every now and then. "

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

If you want something like stock - try to find a good set of Kerker 6-2. They were about the best of the aftermarket for looks, sound and power, as far as the 6-2 systems. The Marving exhaust is also a close reproduction and seems to be of good quality and fit. Contact CBXMAN for more info on getting one and search this and the 'other' forum for details on the Marving. That's probably the one I'd choose if I wanted one right now. Stay away from the MACs.

You'll pay $750- $1000 for a mint set of Kerkers and the Marving system should be in that range also - if you were wondering about prices.

Dave

tgraytn

Post by tgraytn »

Thanks! I really appreciate all of the help!

Tom

bobber
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by bobber »

Curious are the Supertrapps still available? That was the one I liked best of all. Paid $900 for a set about 5 years ago.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Supertrapp exhausts are made by Kerker. The CBX unit has been discontinued for quite some time now.

Return to “EXHAUSTS: What works and fits...and what doesn't.”