Two types of exhaust gaskets: Which one is best?

rbarber
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by rbarber »

I took the exhaust off of my CBX in order to tilt the motor and work on the inlet side. Didn't see any exhaust gaskets at all....The exhaust didn't seem to leak either though. :? :?

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

rbarber wrote:I took the exhaust off of my CBX in order to tilt the motor and work on the inlet side. Didn't see any exhaust gaskets at all....The exhaust didn't seem to leak either though. :? :?
It is quite common for them to be very difficult to see as they get wrapped up in carbon. Normally a pick will find them with some careful probing. If your exhaust doesn't leak, they were & still are, there.... 8)

broook
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by broook »

rbarber wrote:I took the exhaust off of my CBX in order to tilt the motor and work on the inlet side. Didn't see any exhaust gaskets at all....The exhaust didn't seem to leak either though. :? :?
The copper gaskets flatten themselves right into the ports and it does look like there is nothing in there. If you eventually do get a leak you will have to dig them out with a screwdriver or gasket pick to replace them.

Mopar_Tony_SF1
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Mopar_Tony_SF1 »

Chris wrote:I have used some of part number 16-6061 frin CBXMan and they appear to work well. Cost is just $1.71 each.
That is a better price than DK.

Return to “EXHAUSTS: What works and fits...and what doesn't.”