More DG Exhaust Questions

mikeee
New Member & Happy To Be Here

More DG Exhaust Questions

Post by mikeee »

I tried doing a search but for some reason nothing would come up under DG though there are posts on it... so maybe you guys and ladies(?) can help me out.

Regarding the DG exhaust:

Do you retain the center stand?

Can you get to the oil filter?

Will it work with the Hondaline engine/case guards?

Thanks so much for your answers, it's appreciated.

Mike

dan1995
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by dan1995 »

yes

yes

yes

i have a 6 in 1 on my 82 other than too loud, it works fine
Dan 1995

Triple x owner 79,81,82
Ironbutt member #24745
Coast to coast and border to border on a CBX
My goal was to ride farther and faster than my wife could bitch....
I needed a faster bike....
So I got a BUSA!!!!!

quincydubois

DG six into one

Post by quincydubois »

On my '79 ... no problem with the center stand as long as you install the new restrainer/stop plate included with the pipes. If you don't install this plate the stand will rub your chain! And I don't think there is an issue with the oil filter, though I have yet to try to remove it. Forget the 'instruction' manual. It was written by someone so familiar with installation that the writer had forgotten the issues that a new installer would face. They look good but my bike has a significant power loss with these pipes. In fact at 4000 to 4500 RPM it acts like it is gas starved, won't pull at all and there are 'flat' spots in the power band all the way to red line. Too loud? Not at all! But if I can not solve the power loss they will be coming off ...

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: DG six into one

Post by EMS »

quincydubois wrote: They look good but my bike has a significant power loss with these pipes. In fact at 4000 to 4500 RPM it acts like it is gas starved, won't pull at all and there are 'flat' spots in the power band all the way to red line. Too loud? Not at all! But if I can not solve the power loss they will be coming off ...
This would prove what has been said about the 6-1: It is the worst exhaust you can put on a CBX for performance.

Return to “EXHAUSTS: What works and fits...and what doesn't.”