ICOA Rally

Re: ICOA Rally

Postby Rick Pope » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:12 am

We arrived at dark:30 last evening. Larry Zimmer was standing at check-in. We'll look up Bob Buehler later today.

Rumor has it, there's a micro brewery near by, and a good ice cream shop too.
Rick Pope: ICOA Rally Director.
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.
Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Postby Motofun352 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:23 pm

Got tied up today and tomorrow...Will be up early Thursday for sure
Jack
Motofun352
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Postby Rick Pope » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:25 pm

Basking in the after glow...............................

I won't attempt to name everyone, or go into detail, but suffice it to say we're home, and had a great time. More to come..........
Rick Pope: ICOA Rally Director.
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.
Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Postby Motofun352 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:57 am

Lots of fun, a good bit of riding and linking up with old friends! Big thanks to Bob for getting this done.
Jack
Motofun352
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Postby Larry Zimmer » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:59 am

Ditto the above. Had some good riding. Had some GREAT social hours getting together with old (that's old and long-time old) friends. Several whom I have not seen for many moons. Had some great bench racing sessions, reminiscing, and just good chatter enhanced with a good cooler or two. Not to mention some good eating and ice cream stops. Ready to do it again. MANY thanks to Bob Beuhler for pulling this together.
Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Postby Motofun352 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:12 pm

Glad everyone made it out of here on Sunday! We've had 5" of rain in 4 hours with at least 2 more to come. Many of the places we saw on Friday like Forksville, Shunk, and World's End are not going to be there (at least in one piece) when the deluge stops. I went into my local town, Benton, this morning and it was bad but OK....not now. Good news is I have enough wood in the barn to build an Ark.......
Motofun352
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Postby Artie » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:11 pm

I along with others had a great time riding and talking with all
I always love hanging out an enthusiastic group of motorcyclists and especially CBX lovers
Didn't get a chance to say goodbye to everyone as I was out the door @ 4:30am home in Bahaston 2pm
Can't wait to do it again
Art Bureau
Artie
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby cmateski » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:35 pm

Having not been to a rally in a long time, it was nice to get to see some familiar faces and meet new ones. Many thanks to Bob Bueler for all his efforts to make all of us feel at home. Thanks to all the guys for helping me get my bikes loaded. I saw the doctor today and it looks like I'll need to have a tendon reattached in my arm . I see the orthepedic surgeon next week. Never expected to hurt myself putting my bike on the centerstand. I will be back!!!
cmateski
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Postby Larry Zimmer » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:17 pm

Motofun352 wrote:Glad everyone made it out of here on Sunday! We've had 5" of rain in 4 hours with at least 2 more to come. Many of the places we saw on Friday like Forksville, Shunk, and World's End are not going to be there (at least in one piece) when the deluge stops. I went into my local town, Benton, this morning and it was bad but OK....not now. Good news is I have enough wood in the barn to build an Ark.......

DAMN!! Thanks for the rides, Jack. Guess timing is everything. Had sunshine all the way home. (5:00pm just in time for toddy and dinner!) Was a good time. Would do it again.
Larry Zimmer

Postby Larry Zimmer » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:21 pm

Good on ya, Artie. Glad you enjoyed it. I was happy to have you there. Look forward to another time. Somehow, they always end a bit soon.

Chris, hope your surgery goes well. What a shame. Was good having you there. Hopefully, next time will have a happier ending. We'll keep the light on for you.
Larry Zimmer

Postby daves79x » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:13 am

Yes, it was great to see everyone again. For many, it had been years. Thanks to Bob for hosting everything. Chris - sorry you will be down for a while - hope to see you again soon.

Dave
daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Postby Z Grand » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:24 pm

No pictures?? :P
Z Grand
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Postby Jeff Bennetts » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:21 am

Hey Chris, hope you heal up sooner than later. I remember giving a demonstration of getting your CBX on its center stand at one of the club's National Rallies, I was surprised at how many owners didn't know the correct procedure and were risking injury by tugging on the bars rather than using their leverage on the center stands extension.
Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Postby SteveG » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:57 pm

Hello all!

I rode down to Williamsport from Watertown, NY on Wednesday, dodging thunderstorms for a good portion of the way. I beat most of them (you could see the rain coming from the side), got caught at a gas station while filling up (couldn't ask for better luck), and didn't quite get to the left turn before the darkness came at me (oh well, it DID cool of for a few minutes then!). But it was well worth spending a couple of days with CBX'ers. Rekindled some previous friendships, made some new ones, and enjoyed what was likely the best weather riding day out of them.

A couple of pics. Hope the locals (Bob/Julie and Jack/Nancy) are doing OK with the current flooding there. Two weeks or so before we got there was flooding, and right now again. One of the roads we rode on was about 15 feet below high water mark, plainly visible by the muddy marks on the leaves on the trees. Kind of scary. No, really scary. Prayers for you all.

Steve

This is from the top of Hyner View, looking out to the west towards Renovo and beyond. Spectacular day. Say hello to Rick, Susan, Diane and Larry.

Practicing those panorama selfies!

The pics above were at the top right of the map. You can see the multiple curvy roads that are excellent riding, even if we headed north off of the map for the day.

A description of the area of the map. I would love to see an Elk, just not in the road!

Stopping to refuel bikes and bellies, and share tales. Notice nobody was out in the sun? You melt away out there when not riding.

Walking to Bob's for a BBQ (thanks again for hosting!). The sign lies. More like 100 feet!! Say hi to Dave, Jan and Larry.

I love these bridges! I wish they could all be saved instead of being replaced. A couple of miles downstream from here is where the road had been 15 feet under water.

82 CBX, 82 CB900F Project, 81 CB900(985)F, 79 CB750(810)F, 06 Wee-Strom
SteveG
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Postby daves79x » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:22 am

Thanks for posting the pics Steve! It was great seeing you again.

Dave
daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

PreviousNext

Return to EXHAUSTS: What works and fits...and what doesn't.