First 60 days with Pipemasters

Re: First 60 days with Pipemasters

Postby daves79x » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:49 am

Benny - do not alter the stock jetting for the Pipemasters, it is totally unnecessary. Use the stock foam replacement filter sock (they are available form David Silver and Six Center, NLA from Honda, or the stock-type paper filter, also available from those sources and elsewhere). Do not be tempted to us the K&N replacement filter.

As to your carbs - if they have never been separated for a complete cleaning and o-ring replacement, you need to do or have that done now while they are off the bike. You are just asking for trouble if you don't do all that. Original o-rings are 40 years old and they are all failing by now. That may be more than you are planning to do, but you'll be doing it all again very soon if you don't do it now. Randakk and Mike Nixon and others offer Viton o-ring kits.

Dave
daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Postby Benny Edward » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:59 am

daves79x wrote:Benny - do not alter the stock jetting for the Pipemasters, it is totally unnecessary.
Use the stock foam replacement filter sock (they are available form David Silver and Six Center, NLA from Honda, or the stock-type paper filter, also available from those sources and elsewhere).
Do not be tempted to us the K&N replacement filter.
Randakk and Mike Nixon and others offer Viton o-ring kits.

Dave

That seems to be the consensus, many have advised me to just leave the jetting be.
I need to order the sock replacement, and I have David silver spares open in my web browser getting ready to order.
K&N isn't an option for me as I'm trying to keep the bike stock(aside from the PipeMasters that is), and the factory air box is an important facet of keeping it looking stock to me.
Can u send me a link for what to buy in way of o rings. I want to do this right the first time.

Pipemasters arrived last month and look incredible. Couple scratches from shipping oversees that will be visible after installation on lower pipe, so that was a bit of a bummer, and I don't want to try and polish them out in fear of dulling the chrome in that spot and have it more noticeable Than before. I haven't started on this project but will soon. I'm enlisting he help of an expert MC mechanic that will provide more knowledge than I have at my disposal, but getting the star aligned for us to both be free at the same time will be hard.
Pics and a new thread will follow soon as time allows.
For now a god bless, and health and happiness to you all for 2020!
Benny Edward
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Postby steve murdoch icoa #5322 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:24 am

Carb kits, o-rings, manifolds and other carb related bits can be found on the Randakks site.
https://www.randakks.com/honda-cbx/carb ... -kits.html

Just curious on the damage occurring in shipping.
If you think it was poor packaging from PipeMasters they should be informed or if it was rough handling was there not insurance?
steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Postby jnnngs » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:49 am

Hi,

Pipemasters are stainless steel rather than chromed steel aren't they? In which case polishing out minor marks should be OK.

Paul.
jnnngs
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Postby steve murdoch icoa #5322 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:20 pm

They make/made a full stainless system and a chromed steel header with stainless muffler system.
steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Previous

Return to EXHAUSTS: What works and fits...and what doesn't.