Left turn signal

lzaloga
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Left turn signal

Post by lzaloga »

My left turn signal stopped flashing. It lights but no flashing. The right works fine. I tried switching bulbs and new bulbs Same problem. It doesn't matter if I am revving on the road or at idle. it sounds like a bad contact somewhere. I am horrible with electric so doing anything with a wiring diagram is not for me. i probably can leach a ground wire or spray some contact cleaner but any idea of where to start is appreciated . Thanks

herdygerdy
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Left turn signal

Post by herdygerdy »

Pull the headlight unit out (two screws, one each at 4 and 8 o'clock).

Check the two wires from the LH indicator. One green which is Earth, the other will most likely be black with a light orange or light blue tracer. Check the Earth wires are properly connected. Also, remove the seat and check both wires where they connect to the loom under the tail light.

Could also try swapping bulbs around and check the terminal in the base of the bulb holders are squeaky clean. Do this with the key OFF!

Cheers..Tony

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

herdygerdy wrote:Pull the headlight unit out (two screws, one each at 4 and 8 o'clock).

Check the two wires from the LH indicator. One green which is Earth, the other will most likely be black with a light orange or light blue tracer. Check the Earth wires are properly connected. Also, remove the seat and check both wires where they connect to the loom under the tail light.

Could also try swapping bulbs around and check the terminal in the base of the bulb holders are squeaky clean. Do this with the key OFF!

Cheers..Tony
Beware when removing the headlight bezel, it needs to rotate 10 degrees as it's hooked to a tab in the bucket. A pencil eraser makes a decent cleaner of the conductor in the base of the taillight socket. Blow out the crumbs though :-)
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

A battery on its last legs can produce the same symptoms.

Return to “ELECTRICAL: Alternator, Batteries, Headlights, Switches, Tailights, Wiring....”