Stopped dead!

ColinB
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Stopped dead!

Post by ColinB »

My CBX750 just stopped dead while riding along. The starter button does not do anything, we have put on a new solenoid and battery there is power at the main fuse, bridging the solenoid will start it ot nothing at the switch. I presume it is the switch that has broken, any ideas where I can get one? There seems to be loads of left hand switches but no right hand switches for sale.

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Stopped dead!

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

The fact that it quit while you were riding,i would also check the ignition switch.
The plastic shell at the bottom of the switch can fatigue.

RJ CB650
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by RJ CB650 »

You said power at main fuse but is their connectivity? If yours still has a dogbone fuse, they can get brittle and crack. Cannot see it and sometimes might test connectivity but still wont work. Happened to me before. Instant everything stone dead. Or was other electrical still working? If so, ignore this :)

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Its a glass fuse, this seems to be OK, but yes it stopped while riding along. I have not checked the actual ignition switch but I will have a look. All the lights work when you switch the ignition on but it wont start

Return to “ELECTRICAL: Alternator, Batteries, Headlights, Switches, Tailights, Wiring....”