Plug 'n Play Procom Igniters & Coil Relay kits for CBX-Z

herdygerdy
Power Poster
Power Poster

Plug 'n Play Procom Igniters & Coil Relay kits for CBX-Z

Post by herdygerdy »

I would like to offer for sale to forum members a Plug 'n Play Procom Igniter and Ignition coil relay kit to suit the 78-79 CBX-Z models.

The kit includes the following items:

a) three brand new Procom igniters, replacing the 35+ year old leaky OKI units that dribble black goop all over the area under your battery box;
b) a 3 mm thick laser cut aluminium mounting plate for the three igniters, complete with stainless steel bullet head allen screws, washers and shoulder nuts to mount the igniters to the plate;
b) a 20 Amp waterproof Panasonic micro relay used to provide 12 volts directly from battery to your ignition coils;
c) a custom made wiring harness, including fully integrated ignition coil relay wiring with waterproof 20 amp micro fuse holder. The wiring harness interfaces the 3x individual 6 pin Procom connectors to the ignition related connectors on the OEM Honda wiring loom;
d) a waterproof replacement 30 Amp main fuse holder, complete with OEM colour coded wiring;
e) 2x 6 mm x 20 mm and 2x 6 mm x 25 mm bullet head allen screws and washers to replace the 4x OEM battery box mounting bolts. Two slightly longer ones are required to mount the ignition coil relay and the new 30 Amp main fuse holder;
f) 2x 20 Amp (yellow) micro fuses for ignition coil relay and 2x 30 Amp (green) normal fuses for main power feed;
g) 6x double sided velcro tapes for securing wiring loom to frame rails as needed, with plenty spare for other use on your CBX;
h) 12 months 'return to base' warranty on the kit. In the unlikely event it is needed, you pay shipping to me, I pay shipping back to you for the replacement unit.
i) Kit comes fully assembled, pre-test run on my own CBX and is, quite literally, ready to plug and play
j) a 20 page Installation Procedure guide including a 'quick install guide' and detailed procedures with pictures and detailed description.

Here's some pics of the kit you will receive....

And if anyone is interested in fabricating one of these for yourself, here's the wiring diagram you will need to follow to integrate the Procom igniters into the OEM CBX wiring loom.

Installation time of the kit supplied would be 1-2 hours max, depending on how familiar you are with working on your CBX. Mechanical skill level required would be low to medium.
141109 Installation Instructions for Procom Igniter Kits Version 1.0 for MS Word 97-2003.pdf
I have found this to easily be the very best upgrade I have ever done to my CBX and I know you will be rewarded with faster, much easier cold starts, much smoother idle, crisper and faster throttle response and an all round much sweeter running engine.

In two weeks time, I will have 3 available for shipping. However once those are sold, because I need to order the component parts in from overseas to Oz, pls allow 4-6 weeks lead time

Price is US$420 per kit + shipping. PM me if interested.

Many thanks...Tony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Plug 'n Play Procom Igniters & Coil Relay kits for CBX-Z

Post by EMS »

Awesome, Tony! :clap: :clap: And a deal to boot for $420.-. I have seen people asking more for the old red wire OKIs :whistle:
Thanks a lot for doing this! :bow:

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Plug 'n Play Procom Igniters & Coil Relay kits for CBX-Z

Post by NobleHops »

Seriously, this kicks ass in 4 dimensions simultaneously.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

Return to “ELECTRICAL: Alternator, Batteries, Headlights, Switches, Tailights, Wiring....”