Ignitor Conversion- Who wants to make some money?

Neiko1967
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Ignitor Conversion- Who wants to make some money?

Post by Neiko1967 »

I am trying to get my 79 picked up last year back on the road. I pulled my battery box to powder coat it and noticed the back of the ignitor seems to be getting soft. I have seen EMS's conversion to adapt the red Oki's as they don't melt. I have the 3 Oki's only problem is I am in no way good with electrical.Wondering if anyone out there with experience doing this would like to make some money. Let me know how much for parts and labor if I supply the Ignitors. I can do Paypal or if you need any parts for your DOHC we can trade also. Email me if interested neiko1967@yahoo dot com.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Ignitor Conversion- Who wants to make some money?

Post by EMS »

Jim: I would make you a harness, but I just don't have the time and also no connectors right now. While it is not a bad idea to replace the early OKIs witht he later ones, the fact that they are "soft in the back" and ooze black goo doesn't mean they are bad. They probably still work and unless you have a serious running problem, keep going. Maybe later this summer, I will have the time and I can help you

Neiko1967
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Ignitor Conversion- Who wants to make some money?

Post by Neiko1967 »

Mike, they look like they will last for a awhile but am just trying to plan ahead for when it does happen. I understand you are busy so don't sweat it if you can't.

Return to “ELECTRICAL: Alternator, Batteries, Headlights, Switches, Tailights, Wiring....”