At flaming last !!!

Kool_Biker
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: At flaming last !!!

Post by Kool_Biker »

I know I have left this post 'open' for some months now, and I do like to conclude things.

Well, I am now able to report with full confidence, that the 'pinking' plaguing my bike for a long time, as reported earlier in this thread, is now 100% gone :D
I had 'seen' and recognised the problem (cross talk between the OEM ignitors) through my oscilloscope, as shared with the forum.
But as the proof of the pudding is always in the eating, I had to wait until a new Dyna S was ordered, installed and I had a bike to road test it. Which is where I am now.

So it seems OEM ignitors do age without failing outright, which of course would be too easy for us; see, firing of the coils was never an issue with my OEM ignitors. They had just become so much more sensitive to interference from each other (when hot) firing all over the place.

In any case I am happy to have solved another nagging problem of my Z and can recommend the upgrade.

Best, Aris
Aris Hadjiaslanis
ICOA # 6309
Berkshire, Windsor

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

Another content gem. Thanks Aris.

N.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

Kool_Biker
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Kool_Biker »

My great pleasure Nils.
Thanks
Aris
Aris Hadjiaslanis
ICOA # 6309
Berkshire, Windsor

Return to “ELECTRICAL: Alternator, Batteries, Headlights, Switches, Tailights, Wiring....”