Spark units ' ... on the way out ...'

Kool_Biker
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Spark units ' ... on the way out ...'

Post by Kool_Biker »

Larry Zimmer wrote:Don't know anything about them, Aris. BUT, certainly, sounds goood! Several unique worthy features in their system that would make it worth the extra $100 over the Dyna. (Tach output, coil current averaging, electronic advance.)
On the money Larry, thanks.

Still hoping though someone from our incredible community will have some experience with said system, and willing to offer his/her opinion ...

In any case, it is a glorious Saturday morning over here and time to hit me favourite roads on my recently re-tyred (some English!) Z.

Aris
Aris Hadjiaslanis
ICOA # 6309
Berkshire, Windsor

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

If I remember right, Jim Zemanek also had an alternative ignition system. He had it at Vintage Days one year and several people got one. I don't know exactly what it was, but it may be worth investigating. Anything Jimmy Z does around CBXes is well thought through.

Kool_Biker
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Kool_Biker »

Mike, are you referring to this? http://www.cbxworld.com/article162.html

If so, it is the very Probe Engineering system I am inquiring about :P
Any soul with practical experience of it???

Thanks! Aris
Aris Hadjiaslanis
ICOA # 6309
Berkshire, Windsor

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Aris:

The cbxworld links don't work for everybody. You have to be a member there in order to see anything. But I assume that this is it, as Dave Krager bought one of the units, I think. You may want to ask him about it.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

I was able to view the article, but I was not able to get back to our site without closing out the CBWorld and re-opening here. What a pain.

FYI, Jimmy Z is no longer at the location posted in the article, and that phone number is no good either. He now has a small rental unit for a shop, and only is there evenings and Saturdays. He still turns out nice bikes, just not as quickly.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Will
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Will »

Rick Pope wrote:I was able to view the article, but I was not able to get back to our site without closing out the CBWorld and re-opening here. What a pain.
Rick,

Next time right click on the link. You hopefully get a pop up menu. You can choose "open new tab" or "open new window". Either will allow you to have two pages open.

- Bill -

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

I know. An e-mail list would be sooooo much easier and more convenient....... :roll: :roll:

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Aris, Jimmy Z is a good guy and a he'll of a fabricator, I wouldn't be afraid to use anything endorses.

MHO

Return to “ELECTRICAL: Alternator, Batteries, Headlights, Switches, Tailights, Wiring....”