Spencer's awesome LED turnsignal kits - pictorial

spencer
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Spencer's awesome LED turnsignal kits - pictorial

Post by spencer »

I have a volunteer. It's Mikethebike, since he started this thread which inspired me to take on this project one more time. I'm still waiting for LEDs.
SCH Rochester, MN

Moflash
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by Moflash »

I am in ....Put me down for set,please

herdygerdy
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by herdygerdy »

Me too, I'm in for a set, thankyou Spencer.
And PM sent.

herdygerdy
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by herdygerdy »

Hi Spencer,

You've got mail - FINALLY! apologies for the delay.

Brgds...Tony

paullavery
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by paullavery »

Hi Spencer,

Just wanted to say I received the LED turn signals in the UK on Friday, they look great & a great set of fitting instructions as well, hopefully will be fitting them at the weekend, thanks again for a trouble free transaction. Cheers, Paul.

spencer
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by spencer »

Thanks for the confirmation, Paul. Yours were delivered before a set sent to Scotland four days earlier. Right now, there are turn signals in shipping to Scotland, Norway, Australia, and the US. I am anxious to know they have made the trip OK.
SCH Rochester, MN

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

To add to the led indicators I purchased from spencer I just purchased a plug and play LED H4 headlight unit from xenondepot.
In another thread some members purchased cree led units from china, they look okay but the cooling unit on the back is suspect IMO. The lifespan of cooling fans aren't rated as long as the diodes, and anything mechanical can fail, if the fan dies the diodes burn out. Being on a dark highway with light failure is a concern. The h4 LED that I purchased has no fan, it has a heat sink that can't break. The sink is flexible as well so there shouldn't be any install issues with a bulky fan.

I'll report back later on how it works out
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Joner
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Joner »

Hi Spencer,

Just to let you know the turn signals arrived safely today. They look as good as the last batch you made.

Cheers
Chris J.
Grey-haired bikers don't get that way from pure luck.

sweattysock

Post by sweattysock »

Hi Spencer!
the Eagle has landed!,...in Bonnie Scotland!, Lovely!, just need the LED tail-light now!(kidding!) , any advice out there on super led stop/tail light bulbs?, led h4 headlight bulbs?, and by the way - many thanks again to Spencer for his effort in providing us with his efforts,. very much appreciated.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

sweattysock wrote:Hi Spencer!
the Eagle has landed!,...in Bonnie Scotland!, Lovely!, just need the LED tail-light now!(kidding!) , any advice out there on super led stop/tail light bulbs?, led h4 headlight bulbs?, and by the way - many thanks again to Spencer for his effort in providing us with his efforts,. very much appreciated.
I was chatting to the tech who is rebuilding my engine about the LED indicators i purchased fron Spenser and the LED h4 from Xenondepot.com and that now i only needed a LED taillight/stoplight. He then walks over to the parts counter and hands me two LED bulb replacements, $15 each. I installed them as soon I got home, my conversion to LED is complete.
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

spencer
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by spencer »

Yes, that is much simpler than doing what I did, and it probably works at least as well. And, it is reversible, which my LED tail light is not. That's part of the reason I never tried to sell my tail light conversions.
SCH Rochester, MN

hondaman160mph
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by hondaman160mph »

Led tail light bulbs from http://www.superbrightleds.com
Part# 1157-xHP28-T , a little spendy at $25.00 a piece but at 550 lumens each are unbelievably bright.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

Here is where I found my h4 LED headlight, 2500 lumens. http://www.xenondepot.com/

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

When considering extra bright taillights, Remember that if they're too bright, the difference between the running light, and the brake light, might not be apparent to anyone following. This is not a good thing when a tailgater doesn't realize you have hit the brakes, or if you're leading a ride and those following can't tell you've just nailed the brakes entering a corner. :o

I've had several occasions where I was following someone with really bright tail lights. I had to hang way back to be safe.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

Rick Pope wrote:When considering extra bright taillights, Remember that if they're too bright, the difference between the running light, and the brake light, might not be apparent to anyone following. This is not a good thing when a tailgater doesn't realize you have hit the brakes, or if you're leading a ride and those following can't tell you've just nailed the brakes entering a corner. :o

I've had several occasions where I was following someone with really bright tail lights. I had to hang way back to be safe.
Wow, that is a very good point.

My first Infiniti had some of the very first LED taillights in cars, and they were dazzling, as were the bi-xenon headlights, also an early iteration. Friends driving behind me remarked that they were not in fact pleasant, and much worse with the brake light on. Infiniti recalled the car eventually and replaced both. Too bright is not good, for sure.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

Return to “ELECTRICAL: Alternator, Batteries, Headlights, Switches, Tailights, Wiring....”