Looking for a CBX repair shop in San Jose, California

CDNCBX
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Looking for a CBX repair shop in San Jose, California

Post by CDNCBX »

I believe I 'toasted' something in the ignition system when I tried to jump start my '79. Headlight does not even come on with a good battery now - and starter will not work. I have checked the fuses (and I'm going to replace all of them this week as they look original).

Just wanted to start my search for a CBX mechanic in San Jose in case I need one. Any recommendations out there? Thanks in advance!
It's not just the destination!

fasterspider
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Looking for a CBX repair shop in San Jose, California

Post by fasterspider »

CDNCBX wrote:I believe I 'toasted' something in the ignition system when I tried to jump start my '79. Headlight does not even come on with a good battery now - and starter will not work. I have checked the fuses (and I'm going to replace all of them this week as they look original).

Just wanted to start my search for a CBX mechanic in San Jose in case I need one. Any recommendations out there? Thanks in advance!
There is a blade fuse on the solenoid you need to replace.

I am willing to bet you that is your problem.

30 amp blade fuses are a dime a dozen at your Honda dealer.

The solenoid is under the side cover and it is semi easy to replace the fuse.
Ray#1

The Fasterspider

Slightly modified 79 CBX

Ride Red

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

If faster's suggestion doesn't cure the problem, contact Bruce at Milpitas Motorsports, 408 263-6060. He works on both my Xs and used to own one as well. Very good wrench.
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

CDNCBX

CBX mechanic in San Jose, CA

Post by CDNCBX »

Honda of Milpitas seems to have shut down. Does anyone have contact information for 'Bruce', the mechanic there who used to work on the CBX's?

I need a CBX-savvy mechanic to diagnose and fix a starter issue (it seems to be jammed - and engaged with the engine).

Thanks in advance for any info.
It's not just the destination!

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

He's now doing as needed work for Fremont Honda. Call the service manager and request Bruce to work on your X. Tell him hi for me.

http://www.fremonthondakawasaki.com/

There is also a small shop in Milpitas on the same street as Milpitas Honda was on, just a bit north. The owner has an 82 and does good work too. I forget his name now but its So. Bay Cycle at 408 263-2475.
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Return to “ELECTRICAL: Alternator, Batteries, Headlights, Switches, Tailights, Wiring....”