Igntion coil schematic.

willyb99
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Igntion coil schematic.

Post by willyb99 »

Hello!

I will have in my possession at some point a 1979 CBX. It seems the wiring harness from whatever connector (the 6 way white connector) to the coils is quite toasted. I thought I saw a "diagram" of this harness and would like to make my own replacement. Has anyone here done that and if so do you have any link and/or information that would help? Thank you in advance!!

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Igntion coil schematic.

Post by NobleHops »

The wiring diagram in the FSM has what you need most of all. Find that here: www.cbxclub.com/manuals
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

512tr
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by 512tr »

Based on your pictures in another thread, it looks like the wires have been burned, shorted, or something. There's a good chance your igniters are "fried" too...But here's the wiring diagram.
Skjermbilde 2023-08-08 061247.png
1634515225_img_0377_mmthumb.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

That is a separately available harness that I'm sure you can find very cheaply. I guess I don't have to tell you, others have, that you are in for probably too much work for what you are starting with, especially if you have no garage to work in. We'll be happy to help you along as we can, many of us are paralleled on Facebook and following you there as well.

Dave

herdygerdy
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by herdygerdy »

Here's a link to the family of 1/4" Sumitomo lock type connectors you will need.
http://www.cycleterminal.com/250-connectors.html#SC250
The connector mounted on the side of the airbox has only 4 wires, 1x +12v that loops across the back of all three coils and 1x each is the output from the igniter switching circuit that comes from the ignitors.
There is a 6 wire connector that comes from the pulsers though.
Never seen ignition wiring fried, but the red connectors from the alternator and regulator far too many times.
PM me if you want the schematics for the wiring harness that goes from back of coils to the 4 wire connector. It plugs into the 4x wire connector that comes up from the bank of 3x ignitors.
Keep us posted.

Return to “ELECTRICAL: Alternator, Batteries, Headlights, Switches, Tailights, Wiring....”